• Interesting Consist Discussion for the North Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by ck4049

Rbts Stn wrote:Saw a blue something numbered 902 pulling 4 bilevels and the 010 (with the nose facing the bilevels) near Yawkey and heading West on Saturday afternoon while I was driving on the Pike
Locomotive number was 904 btw.
  by Rbts Stn

ck4049 wrote:
Rbts Stn wrote:Saw a blue something numbered 902 pulling 4 bilevels and the 010 (with the nose facing the bilevels) near Yawkey and heading West on Saturday afternoon while I was driving on the Pike
Locomotive number was 904 btw.
Ahhh, we were moving a bit fast.
  by MetroBostonRailways

NETransit says #010 is currently on the North Side, which control coach is it paired with?
  by Slushbucket

MetroBostonRailways wrote:NETransit says #010 is currently on the North Side, which control coach is it paired with?
I saw 010 at BET this morning with control car 1637.
  by The EGE

Not sure which thread this belongs in... Around 4:50 today I saw several bilevels trailed by an HSP heading northbound onto the BU Bridge. Unless the northside was that desperate for rush hour equipment, I'm very surprised they'd make that move at rush hour through Cambridge.
  by Diverging Route

The EGE wrote:Not sure which thread this belongs in... Around 4:50 today I saw several bilevels trailed by an HSP heading northbound onto the BU Bridge. Unless the northside was that desperate for rush hour equipment, I'm very surprised they'd make that move at rush hour through Cambridge.
My guess is they're beefing up the bilevel fleet to support tomorrow evening's extra service to Salem.
  by sery2831

More than likely a test train returning from it's cab signal test.
  by ck4049

The 010 is currently running North Side, control car is 1807 for those who wish to track it.
  by sery2831

1507 is leading a set. It's interesting to note this is an Old Colony car with power doors.
  by MetroBostonRailways

Is the 1507 still leading? Over the past couple days I haven't seen it show up once on the train tracker
  by octr202

Spotted a new on about 5:15 tonight at North Station: 2004 was leading another HSP on a set on track 8 or 9. I couldn't see the number of the trailing unit from my vantage point. First time I've seen two of the newbies doubleheading on a set.
  by BigUglyCat

octr202 wrote:Spotted a new on about 5:15 tonight at North Station: 2004 was leading another HSP on a set on track 8 or 9. I couldn't see the number of the trailing unit from my vantage point. First time I've seen two of the newbies doubleheading on a set.
From 8th notch on the New Loco Discussion:
Here's one, the 2004/2013 currently paired together.
Could be?
  by octr202

Must be the same. I misfiled here (where we post doubleheaders, etc) not thinking that 8th Notch would be doing the same over in the HSP thread at the same time. Does sound (from the other post there) that they must be trying to get 2004 out of testing and into revenue service.