• CSX office train on NYS&W Rochelle Park??

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by CarterB

Yesterday around 4pm a CSX loco and two passenger cars went by Rochelle Park, NJ heading West.
Any idea of what this was?
  by Snowmojoe

My guess is it was the 2014 Toys for Tots Train with one of the NYS&W's leased CSX GPs in front. A PRR baggage car, a NYC Pullman, and something else which escapes me right now. I saw the cars in the Ridgefield Park yard last night; never saw them coupled to a locomotive. But CSX 2732 and 2782 are always around the RP Yard. I have a couple of dreadful pics I took with an old point & shoot I could share under duress.
  by Tadman

Also perhaps a track geometry train. The smaller roads tend to borrow them from larger roads. I see Metra borrowing CP's tech train occasionally. CSX just bought an ex-MARC GP40 for their geometry train, and two cars sounds just right.