• Housatonic Locomotives

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by DutchRailnut

What ever happened to Housatonic 45 tonner #2 - ex Remington Arms #2.
It sat for years at Sand Rd a half mile or so south of Engine house.
Is it still there ?
  by Greg Moore

DutchRailnut wrote:What ever happened to Housatonic 45 tonner #2 - ex Remington Arms #2.
It sat for years at Sand Rd a half mile or so south of Engine house.
Is it still there ?
I haven't seen it in a decade or more, but it was on a siding by the old US Gyp plant (now Redwing I think?).

If it's still there, it can't be seen from the road w/o a little hiking.

If I'm down that way again I'll try to take a look.
  by MrGP10

Are there any plans for the HRRC to acquire more power? I thought they bought 2 HH GP-38s a while back.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MrGP10 wrote:Are there any plans for the HRRC to acquire more power? I thought they bought 2 HH GP-38s a while back.
Wouldn't that require them having enough customers left to serve with more power? :wink:

Sustenance and growth don't exactly seem to be their business strategy.
  by MEC407

Just a note: there were a lot of different threads about various Housatonic locomotives, so I merged them all into one thread. This should make it easier to keep track of old discussions and updates.
  by MEC407

Rumor has it that Housatonic has acquired an ex-Bangor & Aroostook GP7 (via the MMA locomotive auction). Can anyone confirm or deny this?
  by pomperaugrr

I wonder if that GP-7u is going to be painted and operated, or just used for parts?

Eric
  by cjvrr

It isn't a rumor.
  by Steamboat Willie

No rumor. HRRC-22 was seen a few times on NX-13 this past week. Still sporting old livery and not HRRC colors yet.
  by DutchRailnut

been spotted for 3 weeks now , seen unit at rt 25 crossing several times
  by daylight4449

Anyone have any idea on what happened to the 9935? Is it still sitting in North Canaan?
  by NaugyRR

It should still be in Canaan outside the shop. Last I heard is that it needs wheel work.
  by Dick H

HRRC has leased PAR GP40-2 #345 due to a power shortage.
Thanks to Dev's Trains for this 1:56 video from 8/22.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moaBfcBObIA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;