• stored MU's in milford

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by NJT4272

All still there, rotting away........ as far as I know. They're only 10 miles from my house.
  by BigDell

There are old Mu's in Milford? Sitting on some siding? Sorry, I'm not up that way much so I didn't know this... I'll google the older forum posts.
  by Ken W2KB

BigDell wrote:There are old Mu's in Milford? Sitting on some siding? Sorry, I'm not up that way much so I didn't know this... I'll google the older forum posts.
The cars inside the NRG generating station fence belong to URHS. The one outside the fence belongs to the BR&W RR (not the Historic a Trust) I believe.
  by scottso699

Ken W2KB wrote:
BigDell wrote:There are old Mu's in Milford? Sitting on some siding? Sorry, I'm not up that way much so I didn't know this... I'll google the older forum posts.
The cars inside the NRG generating station fence belong to URHS. The one outside the fence belongs to the BR&W RR (not the Historic a Trust) I believe.
Oh ok... so these are not accessible to the public. (which may be a good thing I guess! Damn Vandals...)
  by RailsEast

The cars are intact, but a small 'hole in the fence' has allowed some 'tagging' of the equipment. It doesn't seem that any parts/pieces have disappeared, but the NRG folks should address that security breach, and not just for the RR equipment stored there.
  by PVRX1

The car outside the fence (an exCNJ round roof 1300 series car) belongs to the Green Mountain Railroad as a parts supply several years ago.
The plant is in Holland Township, just above Milford, where generally the only crimes are escaping farm animals and a consistent dv couple.
  by blockline4180

The DL&W MU 3541 was probably in the best shape of them all, but i don't how long that will last if it continues to sit/rot in there.

Would probably cost at least $5,000 just to ferry it back to Boonton.
  by cnj1524

Any photos within the past few years of them?