• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by MetroBostonRailways

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:#156 is sick in Boston, SHSY...don't look for her to be road worthy until the weekend
well then one of those days I may have to catch it on 449!
  by chuchubob

SRC90 wrote:Hi all, my father was out by the Keystone line on Thursday and told me that he spotted a train with two "Strasburg-style" coaches. I would assume that he saw the Warrior Ridge and 120 returning from being on 43 on Wednesday; anyone hear any reports saying otherwise?
Your assumption is correct. Warrior Ridge and Pennsylvania 120 went to Pittsburgh on train 43 Wednesday and returned to Philly on 42 Thursday.
  by jhdeasy

Eastern section of AAPRCO Pine Tree Limited arrived Boston South Station approximately 1 PM. Cars will depart BOS on trains 67 and 449 over next couple of days.

Western section of the special departed Beacon Park Yard heading west to CHI on route of Lake Shore Limited. Scheduled arrival at CHI on Friday morning.
  by MetroBostonRailways

jhdeasy wrote:Eastern section of AAPRCO Pine Tree Limited arrived Boston South Station approximately 1 PM. Cars will depart BOS on trains 67 and 449 over next couple of days.

Western section of the special departed Beacon Park Yard heading west to CHI on route of Lake Shore Limited. Scheduled arrival at CHI on Friday morning.
What time did the train leave SS? I got there at 3pm and nothing was there
  by jhdeasy

All 9 cars were pulled out to the yard about 30 minutes after we arrived.

CANNON BALL, DOVER HARBOR, GEORGIA 300, J. PINCKNEY HENDERSON and WISCONSIN leave town tonight on 67 (25) for WAS.

CITY OF SPOKANE, DEARING and MOUNT VERNON will be on 67 (26) going to WAS.

I think NEW YORK CENTRAL 3 and BABBLING BROOK will be on 449 (26) or 449 (27) to ALB.

I'm parked outside the locomotive shop at Southampton Street with locomotives 39, 44, 105 and 102 idling on either side of me. Can't seem to get a good signal for Thursday night football, but looking forward to a nice dinner in about 30 minutes.
  by Sprinter611

The Corridor Clipper went on Train 172 to Boston today, the car will be dropped at Boston for the MBTA to test it on it's lines.
  by nomis

It appears it was merged into this thread ... see posts above ...
  by runningwithscalpels

MetroBostonRailways wrote:#156 is on the New Haven-Springfield line. Also, who deleted the thread i created?
It got merged because this is where the heritage units are discussed.

-signed,
she who had a moderator fix it
  by jhdeasy

PV Photo Opportunity …. CITY OF SPOKANE on train 51 (01) from WAS to CHI … round end observation in GN Empire Builder colors … on the way home to Spokane WA after the AAPRCO convention followed by a visit to Washington DC.