Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by runningwithscalpels

And OMG mindblowing revelation: Waterbury had both 115 and 113 at once yesterday!
  by fl9m2004

Saw both Danbury shuttle sets at Branchville this afternoon
114 was on 1867 and 113 on 1830
Both looked really good at acelerating
  by nomis

Mod note: Having a run on sentence that just
Carriage returns for no reason is not helpful to
Reading, understanding, and
Furthering the discussion
At hand.

Punctuation is also helpful: in both writing cohesive sentences and paragraphs, as well as perceived clarity actuating the audible warning device. Unfortunately FL9, that level of detail is simply lost and conveyed simply as "Nice Horns."

Having an train service employee being punctual, is simply fulfilling their responsibility "for the prompt movement and safety of their trains." I sure hope you have not moved on to assessing another action that a engineer would do, and posts containing "Nice Acceleration," "Nice E-Bell," "Nice Horns," or even "Nice GE Fireball" [which is off topic for this particular thread, btw] will be edited accordingly.
  by mntktagt

Is there really any use for this thread any more?
  by DutchRailnut

well after 161 pages its still active, so I guess so, if it does not interest you, you can skip it.
  by FL9AC

114 sh*t the bed the Thursday night on the Danbury mini and the 127+3 filled in for the last northbound of the night but was plagued with acceleration/top speed issues. I got stuck with it Friday morning for a one-way to Stamford where we swapped that mini with the 115+3. Same trainset still in Danbury as it was ours in the AM and next crews in PM. 127 was fixed and sitting on fuel pad in Stamford in PM Friday.
  by FL9AC

115+3 was shopped off the Danbury mini last night in Stamford and night crew swapped for the 130+3. 115 was seen tonight sitting lite in GCT. CDOT 129 was hitched to the 208 and a few coaches bound for Brewster tonight as well (from yesterday's Harlem line charter train)
  by Darien Red Sox

130+3 and/or its train set was having issues in Stamford last night, the 4:01 train was stuck on track 2 when I arrived to the station at 4:45, looked like it was giving the mechanical department a hard time, a replacement train (forgot the number) was arriving on 4. Other New Haven bound service was boarding on track 3, by the time my train left ~4:58, both the original and replacement trains were still sitting there.
  by FL9AC

Darien Red Sox wrote:130+3 and/or its train set was having issues in Stamford last night, the 4:01 train was stuck on track 2 when I arrived to the station at 4:45, looked like it was giving the mechanical department a hard time, a replacement train (forgot the number) was arriving on 4. Other New Haven bound service was boarding on track 3, by the time my train left ~4:58, both the original and replacement trains were still sitting there.
I had the replacement train coming in from train 1873 with the 115+3 on track 4. 1838 took our equipment once we got in and we limped their garbage into the yard where it was swapped out for the 125 on the fuel pad. Looks like the 130 most likely had plugged fuel filters.
  by FL9AC

125+3 broke down on Waterbury earlier and rescue engine 128 was dispatched out of New Haven Yard to assist.

Also TLV train is on the fuel pad with BL20GH 111 on the east end and a GP35R on the west end.
  by Bill D

I caught #1923 out of Waterbury with the 125 +3 set this morning (but I swear that I didn't break it). Returned on #1948 with 113 +3. Buses were still on standby at Bridgeport.

Bill
  by Train2009

#111 on a Mini-Bomb set was seen sitting at MO early this afternoon.
  by FL9AC

Train2009 wrote:#111 on a Mini-Bomb set was seen sitting at MO early this afternoon.
That left around 7 tonight when we ran it as 5354 up to Stamford for Waterbury service engine facing east. Mechanical didn't jumper coaches so when we got to it at MO all batteries were dead. Powers to be weren't thrilled.
  by Train2009

5 Mins ago this afternoon a friend of mine reported #129 clear of CP241 direction of it unknown.
  by Train2009

#129 left the Harmon shops this afternoon by the AMMO crew as it was headed southbound, it was cleared Philipse Manor at 1:33 PM.