• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ApproachMedium

acelaphillies wrote:Thanks for sharing the video and pictures! As a side note, if someone from here puts something on Facebook, please also share it with us on here because not everyone has a Facebook and can access the link.

I think what this car needs is a nice design on the front, instead of that big gray area. Maybe something like the 9800 would improve Approach Medium's opinion of the car.
Yea that big grey area and then wrapping the amtrak strip around the front looks silly. They blanked out all of the windows on that end of the car which makes it seem even more out of place. I think they could have done something a bit more creative with it.

I am curious what the conduit is for that runs from one end of the roof to the other. Also has anyone noticed that the Viewspection car has an onboard diesel generator now?
  by Toaster718

#617 is lurking, will be on train 152 this morning. I would presume train 159 for the return trip.
  by ajp

rode up on 162 this morning with 600 up front
getting off at NRO, 613 was at the point of 195
  by Sprinter611

Got a report from a friend that 609 is leading 163 today it was through Mansfield MA at 12:08pm
  by Matt Johnson

Sprinter611 wrote:Got a report from a friend that 609 is leading 163 today it was through Mansfield MA at 12:08pm
Do these locomotives actually hit 125? Oddly 123 seems to be the max I can catch one at!
  by Sprinter611

162 had the 606 for power according to a friend who sent me a pic not 600
  by Toaster718

ajp wrote:rode up on 162 this morning with 600 up front
getting off at NRO, 613 was at the point of 195
606 was on 162
  by ajp

I must of been sill half asleep down in BWI this morning then. It was still a smooth ride.
  by mike253

Caught 617 at Metropark this evening at 6:30pm.
Amtrak 159 was running 50 minutes late.
  by gregorygrice

614 was having HEP problems for almost its whole run from BOS to WAS.
  by ThirdRail7

Does anyone have video of the 610 finally being out and about? If not, it is on its way back from BOS on 2159's yellow boards.
  by srock1028

A91(19) has two ACS-64's in the lead...however it only looks like one is doing its job.