• When does NY&A come and go from Fresh Pond to LI?

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by DogBert

As familiar as I am with NY&As west of fresh pond, I don't know much about what times they generally run east & return to fresh pond. Anyone?
  by emfinite

If things are still the same as years ago, the RS80 goes on duty at either 6 or 7pm and the train leaves Pond heading east around 8-830pm if they get the early slot from Jay. They return back between 2-230am. That's the train that runs usually as far as the Farmingdale and Wyandanch area. The RS51 goes on duty at 7pm in Pine Aire and usually makes their run west to Pond around 830 arriving Pond at 10-1030pm, leaving back east approximately 130-2am. The weekends aren't really concrete, they may leave earlier or later in the morning depending on where they need to run to.
  by AlKaLI

Dogbert, you're right. It's not just one train from Fresh Pond. Take a quick look at my post in the NYAR spotting thread. Last night I saw two trains at Farmingdale - one heading to FP and the other had come from it. Then I don't know when it runs or what days, but the Central Branch has a few customers that see service. Plus, from Fresh Pond another train heads to Bay Ridge (and back I think).

So the Main line East will see RS80/81 & RS50/51 during the course of an evening and into the morning.
I don't remember the Central branch train# RS30? I did see it return once in the early afternoon.
I guess you are familiar with the train west from FP to Long Island City, back through Maspeth and return - RS401? Is this still the daytime run west and return?
OOPS forgot. What about the trash run to Bushwick?

On a M-F basis:
So 2 trains East leaving FP (1) evening and then (1) early morning for the Main LIne east.
1 train west to LIC and back - day?
As needed to Bushwick and Bay Ridge (night ?) Central Branch (day?)

Corrections always welcome!
Regards.
  by DogBert

East of FP, I believe maspeth/arch st. etc is 'as needed' though they seem to be in maspeth at least 2 or 3 times during weekday afternoons. I've never seen them switch the stone customer though, so my theory is that happens early in the morning or at night. East of maspeth there's just arch st. & allied - probably once, twice a week? It'll be a 5-6 day a week operation when the MSW starts moving.

No idea about bay ridge. I've seen that move maybe twice over 10 years, in the evening both times.

They work bushwick at least 5 nights a week, though I believe they drop empty msw cars there in the morning too on occasion. They go all the way down to morgan ave a bit less than to the small yard at varick where the trash is picked up / dropped off.

West of FP: There's the train for the central branch, but there's also whatever goes to huntington... Same crew, different days?

I think there's a 'schedule' in old threads on here but I've never known what symbol goes to what branch at what time...