• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by ApproachMedium

Nobody should be seeing 608 for a while.
  by ApproachMedium

Its not good for the road for now. Thats all Ill say.
  by num1hendrickfan

600 was on the head end of train 158 yesterday. Engineer gave one heckuva horn show too ( especially around the Philadelphia area ), which I heard from my seat on the train.
  by gregorygrice

ApproachMedium wrote:Its not good for the road for now. Thats all Ill say.
Is that the one on 94? :-D
  by ApproachMedium

gregorygrice wrote:
Well see. Its been out for a while. Was in SSYD then went to DC.
  by ACeInTheHole

gregorygrice wrote:
The one that snapped the panto on 94 was 607.
  by ThirdRail7

ApproachMedium wrote:604 was probably getting updated with the rest of the mods. The CTV box which is the main component of the ACSES system for reading the transponders was the problem with ACSES territory. There was a new vendor for the part and they now switched back to the old vendor, which works better. Its probably why you are seeing them head up there more. I dont know what progress was made on the software timing for voltage changes but I heard there was some progress with that as well.
No, it wasn't. Have you stopped doing the research on these things? What the heck is happening to you??? :P As for 608, it shouldn't be too much longer...hopefully...although, is anyone starting to notice the same pattern when it comes to problem children? In other words, it seems to be one series of numbers that usually has troubles. Of course, there is an exception or two, but we'll see how it goes with the higher units.

Now, let's get to the reason I returned to this thread. How many of the engines still "play it?" :-D :P
  by ApproachMedium

Yea theres an update on that one actually, they believed it was the vendor but after more careful inspection, once again, people dont seem to understand what Arrows are for.

I am sure as a locomotive engineer if you ever looked a little closely at the headlight bulbs you will understand that not many people today seem to understand that one arrow on something usually means UP.
  by XBNSFer

Seems like they're getting the bugs out, because I'm starting to see the ACS-64's regularly now on the New Haven Line.

8/12/14 Southbounds at 11:48AM and 1:15PM in Greenwich had the 612 and 611, respectively.

8/14/14 Southbound at 11:39AM in Greenwich had the 604.

I also saw the 607 through Greenwich Southbound at 2:45PM prior to the above sightings, but forgot to write the date down. :I
  by XBNSFer

Two more Greenwich, CT sightings today...

601 Northbound 12:17 PM

604 Northbound 1:26 PM
  by Train2009

#614 was on train #195 and #600 on train #99 today, both were seen in Mamaroneck.