• SEPTA Destination Signs

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by 4400Washboard

jackintosh11 wrote:I contacted Pannier and got a reply. I'm talking with them about reproductions. Does anyone have the measurements of the signs?
Approx. 21 in. by 5 in although some signs vary in size. I highly suggest talking with SEPTA about it too because I wouldn't want to be the one facing their top-notch lawyers in court about some copyright crap. Note that they sell the real thing for $10 in their own store so they will feel threatened with competition, which could increase the chance of getting accused with copyright infringement. Hope you can get some of these made :P !
  by scotty269

jackintosh11 wrote:I found a Trenton/Trenton Express and a Link Belt/Malvern at Chestnut Hill East.
They are SEPTA property. I would advise you return them, for fear of the Transit Police arresting you!
  by zebrasepta

jackintosh11 wrote:Yes, because taking signs from the ROW is worse than taking signs from a station, and those signs had been sitting there for a week.
it's still stealing and is a criminal offense since it was on Septa property
  by 4400Washboard

Heres the problem:

As cool as it is to find one of those, you techinically stole those signs. It was on septas property so therefore, septa still owned them-you'd have have to find them at their store, a 3rd party source, or discsrded far enough away from the ROW to legally pick them up
  by elze68

tjensen wrote:Heres the problem:

As cool as it is to find one of those, you techinically stole those signs. It was on septas property so therefore, septa still owned them-you'd have have to find them at their store, a 3rd party source, or discsrded far enough away from the ROW to legally pick them up
I'm not going to argue legality, but just wanted to share something anecdotal: I used to live about 75 feet from Fishers Station on the R7 and recall trains slowing on their way inbound to Wayne Junction would dump literally 50 of these signs from the rear of the train. Likewise I know some folks who lived in Germantown near other R7 and R8 stops and share the same stories of seeing hundreds of signs just thrown onto the tracks every so often. Not sure why this was the case but it's how I ended up with most of mine over the years.
  by skm

"I contacted Pannier and got a reply. I'm talking with them about reproductions. Does anyone have the measurements of the signs?[/quote]
Approx. 21 in. by 5 in although some signs vary in size. I highly suggest talking with SEPTA about it too because I wouldn't want to be the one facing their top-notch lawyers in court about some copyright crap. Note that they sell the real thing for $10 in their own store so they will feel threatened with competition, which could increase the chance of getting accused with copyright infringement. Hope you can get some of these made :P ![/quote]

I would like to see small magnetic destination signs made, just like the small NY Subway magnets.
  by loufah

Can we buy Newtown signs? Would love to carry one over to a conductor on a Fox Chase train and ask, "Excuse me, did you guys drop this?"
  by scotty269

loufah wrote:Can we buy Newtown signs? Would love to carry one over to a conductor on a Fox Chase train and ask, "Excuse me, did you guys drop this?"
He would likely have no idea what you were talking about, or think you were a nutcase.

Probably both.