• Anyone noticed the mess between Hamburg & Selkirk??

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Howiew

Around 2:30 pm there was one train entering the US calling Customs with their car count and getting permission to proceed. Few minutes later they were talking to the Buffalo Term. Disp. After that, another train was then calling Customs with their count and getting permission to enter. Both were CN for Frontier.
  by lakeshoredave

4 outlaws on track 3 between cp-15 and cp-5, all eb's including one with BNSF 769 at lake avenue. L157 sounded like he outlawed at silver creek? Q351 tied his train down at the firehall this evening.

lakeshore out

by Mr Lehigh

Sorry, I've just been trying to figure this all out (long thread). Is this a problem at Selkirk, or is it system wide? Since it seems to only be affecting the Water Level route, it sounds as though it's related to Selkirk.

Is the B&A line also being affected?

by videobruce

lakeshoredave; 157 hit someone apparently a suicide around Irving Sunday arounf 5:30pm (I believe). There were 4 or 5 EB's waiting for the locals to get done playing detective.
The guy laid down in front of the train. Pretty tough to figure out what happened. :wink:
Is this a problem at Selkirk
Mostly, but also somewhat at Willard and Collinwood.
Is the B&A line also being affected?
Probably, to some extent.

by SRS125

problum is just between Buffalo and Selkirk I got the heads up as to what the hell is going on. I buddy of mine who shall remain nameless told me that the guys who have been with the railroad for years are with holding there hours till the last minuet there doing this in some sort of a protest for beter working condtions. There sick of the abuse and with the heads trying to crack the union so there soultion is to break the railroad by calling the clock anytime anywhere there for CSX loses money. I know this much no Dispatcher want the hot seat for the NF Div. for every train that calls the clock he gets in trouble for haveing the line tied up.
Last edited by SRS125 on Tue May 17, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by O-6-O

Could someone interpret the babble on the post above for me. I can't make heads or tails of it. Hey SRS125, could you play here for awhile>

Dictionary.com I mean everyone misspells on occasion, but man
your not even close. This is painful. "NF Divtion " WTF is that?

STEAM ON
/--OOO--~-oo--oo-

by Aji-tater

0-6-0 - Right on. A terrible waste of perfectly good electrons!
  by lakeshoredave

NF territory= CP-296 in Syracuse to CP-429 in Buffalo. NF DS also dispatches the West Shore Route. Videobruce, thanks for info on L157 and the tragedy down by Silver Creek.

by Mr Lehigh

Thanks for the info SRS125. I wish it was easier to read though. It sounds like you are trying to type out an accent!

We need a spell checker on this website!

I've been noticing a coal train sitting at CP369 for that last two days. Normally I would assume it was bound for either Kodak or Russell station, but it's been here for a little while longer than it should.

It's nice working next to the mainline near Goodman St yard. I hear everything on the scanner.
  by pablo

I'm tired of reading the garbage from this idiot. Can someone (Otto?) toss this idiot until he can write? We lock threads that slightly veer off of a thread, or because they are too long (though this one is now past the 10 page "limit"...lol) but we allow this buffoon to babble on for ages. Get rid of this jerk. Notice how sometimes his grammar gets worse-he's doing this on purpose.

I want to know about what's happening as much as the next, and as a dispatcher, I'm interested about people being on the hot seat MORE than the next person. And then we get someone who can't write.

Bounce this idiot, Otto. Be consistent with what you do.

Dave Becker

by WNYP431

Now be nice, Dave...I know you better than that, and I know you can deesyfer the messages as wel as aneebodee. The innformashun is morr imporetant than the envelope it comes inn. Ralefans are ralefans...and we're all a phamilee.

Peace, brother.....and give up them sigerettes!

by videobruce

pablo; a PM to Otto would of been more appropriate, or better yet right to SRS125 if that bothers you THAT much.
Now, it seems most of the delays are because because of track work between DeWitt and Selkirk. The current parking lot is between CP 15 and CP 2 west of Buffalo.

(I hope I spelled all of that correctly).
Last edited by videobruce on Tue May 17, 2005 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

by csx6666

who cares about his spelling as long as the information is correct.

give the guy a break.

by Mr Lehigh

I agree CSX6666. After all, this isn't grammer school. It pretty damn difficult sometimes to try to figure out what he's saying, but as long as he's not throwing out disinformation or straight out lies, then I'll take the time to try to deciper it.

I assume that his information is legit.

Anyway, we better return to the subject at hand before Otto locks the thread on us! He's a quick draw, that Otto.... :P

by Otto Vondrak

SRS125- Please try to type more carefully. Don't get upset when people criticize your writing, because they are upset they can't understand what you are trying to tell them.

Everyone else- stick to the topic at hand. If you have a problem with a user, then contact that user privately (and politely), or contact me.

-otto-