• NS HO-7 through Rutherford

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by TSTOM

Pardon the interuption but not too familiar with HO-7....

Where does it run to/from and on what schedule ? Presume it's home base is Suffern, yes ? Didn't realize it runs with such big 6-axle units.

thanks.
  by waldwickrailfan

TSTOM wrote:Pardon the interuption but not too familiar with HO-7....

Where does it run to/from and on what schedule ? Presume it's home base is Suffern, yes ? Didn't realize it runs with such big 6-axle units.

thanks.
The new symbol is H70. It's a local out of Croxton Yard in Secaucus,NJ. runs to Campbell Hall,NY and back with a stop in Hillburn Yard. Runs Sun-Thurs. if you look at previous posts, you will be able to look up times through different places...
  by TSTOM

Thanks....who are the major clients between Croxton and Campbell Hall ?
  by waldwickrailfan

TSTOM wrote:Thanks....who are the major clients between Croxton and Campbell Hall ?
Major would be Bay State in Passaic. It gets about 20-25 cars, 3 days a week. There as a bunch of small customers as well. I don't know all the names though.
  by airman00

Not to stray off target, forgive me, but I always thought Croxton yard was that yard/terminal in Jersey City. If Croxton yard is in Secaucus, then what yard is in Jersey City?
  by SecaucusJunction

This train is popular, because it is the only thing left that could even vaguely resemble a road freight on some days on the Eastern part of the Southern Tier.

It helps us remember the days that we complained that we only had OIBU and BUOI and gives us a little hope that NS does actually remember there is a northern route out of Croxton.

People around other lines are probably laughing at us.
  by chuxter26

The eastern part of Croxton yard is in Jersey City....The western half is in Secaucus......
  by TSTOM

SJ -
People around other lines are probably laughing at us.
Not this people....am quite envious. You get to see this action and it's a welcome diversion from the boring repitition of NJTransit's same old same old daily routine.
  by Walla183

Ns 7521 es44dc
CN 56?? Sd75i

15 or so 8:20pm
  by Walla183

3x ns c40-9w

820pm
  by waldwickrailfan

H70 clear WC at 8:45PM

NS D9-44CW 9129
NS D9-44CW 9478

7 cars
  by waldwickrailfan

H70 clear WC at 9:20PM

NS ES44DC 7717
NS D9-44CW 9051

36 cars
  by Walla183

Ns c40-8w
Up 6502

Healthy train. Erie e8 not on train tonight
  by waldwickrailfan

Walla183 wrote:Ns c40-8w
Up 6502

Healthy train. Erie e8 not on train tonight
Huge thanks for the Heads up Walla!

H70 clear WC at 10:00PM

NS D8-40CW 8375
UP AC4400CW 6502
  by Walla183

Heritageunits.com reports the Lackawanna heritage unit is leading 32a to Croxton, passing alpha nj earlier today.