• Lansdale Parking

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by bigdogweigand

Quick Question: How many spaces are normally available around 7am on a weekday at Lansdale Station? I tried to use the SEPTA website, but it seems nobody updates the parking stats for Lansdale Station (unlike, say, Doylestown).

Thanks,
Scott
  by MichaelBug

While I have not parked at Lansdale recently, I daily park not too far from there at North Wales (& once in a while at Pennbrook), right around 7am, so I may be able to help.

At North Wales, on a normal day, usually the daily lot will only have 5-10 spaces left by 7. Those spaces quickly disappear & you would pretty much have be to be there in time to take Train 5711 at 7:11a.

At Pennbrook, the SEPTA-owned lots (west side of Church Road) usually have a few spaces at 7, & the Lansdale Borough-owned lot (east side of Church Road, behind Station Square) usually has spaces available. However, keep in mind that Train 6576, the "North Penn Limited" that leaves Suburban at 5:17, does NOT stop at Pennbrook!

As an aside, the parking fee at both North Wales & Pennbrook is $1.00 weekdays. The meter at North Wales takes coins only.
  by bigdogweigand

Thanks for the info MichaelBug!

I originally wanted to leave from Lansdale and I have 1 or 2 more trains to choose from coming home. I think I'll just leave from Doylestown (the devil I know) and deal with a few less options coming home.

- Scott
  by NorthPennLimited

The Lansdale parking lot rarely fills to capacity.

You can always find a couple open spots open WAAAAAY in the back by the wye track, or along the freight yard fence.
There is also parking at Madison Parking Lot, and ample parking an Century Plaza (they rarely check cars for parking passes)
  by 25Hz

There is some construction going on there at the moment, not sure if this is or will affect parking.
  by SCB2525

I don't know of any SEPTA lots that are full by 7AM. Most that fill seem to do so by 8AM at the earliest.
  by bigdogweigand

Thanks all for the posts!

I took train #5711 from Doylestown and got a look at Lansdale from the train. At 7a it was quite full with a few spaces here and there.

- Scott
  by MichaelBug

bigdogweigand wrote:Thanks all for the posts!

I took train #5711 from Doylestown and got a look at Lansdale from the train. At 7a it was quite full with a few spaces here and there.

- Scott
...5711 is my usual morning train & I was onboard today. Glad you were able to join us! At North Wales, there were just a few spaces left.

There were a few times this past winter that I could not find a spot there even at 6:50 am, with all the snow piled up everywhere!