• WHERE IS CAPTAIN SEA~LAND ?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by GOLDEN-ARM

IT'S BEEN A WHILE NOW, BUT WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO CAPTAIN SEA~LAND ? I KNOW HE HIRED OUT, WITH THE ROUNDHOUSE CREW, BUT THEN HE "VANISHED". ANYONE GOT A CLUE ?

by rcbsd45

Dave,
"Captain Sea-Land" is alive and well. his red truck, however, has long been retired. He sold it to an NYSW employee years back, and it has since met its own end. I Believe he kept the Sea-Land bug shield. His stepson works with me at CSX and is a fine conductor. While admiteddly I haven't made too much personal contact with "The Captain", I can assure you that via his stepson he is doing well. He left the NYS&W several years ago and now works as part of a roofing company one of his brothers owns and operates. I will make sure that your inquiry gets to him....

Ralph

by GOLDEN-ARM

:-D THANKS FOR THAT FINE REPORT, SIR :-D