• Car on LA&L 1970s

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

by nydepot

Can anyone help ID this car on the LA&L in Livonia in the 1970s. Reporting marks appear be to EK (Eastman Kodak) most of number is obscured.

Thanks,
LAL.jpg
  by TB Diamond

Location is incorrect as the car is on the old dock spur in Lakeville compass south of Rt. 20A.
  by BR&P

Car was formerly Eastman Kodak, not sure who owned it originally. Kodak used it for in-plant service only, hence the lack of an "X" reporting mark.
  by boblenon

In a museum before my time...

http://rgvrrm.org/about/railroad/nyc497862/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The RGVRRM, at the time Rochester Chapter of NRHS, got the car from Kodak in the early 70s as I understand... and it spent a few years in storage on the LAL, as we did not have a switch to EL/Conrail yet. The details of it going from NYC to Kodak, or RGV getting it, I do not know. I can tell you that it must've been in a nice accident at one time as the corner was rebuilt. It also sports axle/wheel sets from 4 different railroads; DTI is the only one I can recall.

Nice photo .... never seen one of the car in previous locations.
  by BR&P

IIRC, before the NRHS had any rolling stock on display, both that car and the BR&P caboose were stored on a spur at South Lima, on the part of the LA&L which is now abandoned. The caboose was later moved to Industry and became the first piece of equipment at the museum. The flat car joined it at a later date after a switch was installed.