• Whitin Machine Works Electric's Looking for information

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Pat Fahey

Hi All
I am currently working on and article for my railroad club newsletter , dealing with the locomotives that worked at Whitin Machine Works . I have found the information dealing with the (2) foot equipment and the Standard gauge Diesels .
What I need is the information dealing mainly with the Electrics . such as ?
1. Did Taunton Locomotives works built both electrics?
2. What year were they built ?
3. How many tons & HP ?
I am mainly interested in numbers # 2 and # 3 , I did find information on number # 1 . again Thank you , Pat
  by GP40MC1118

Taunton Locomotives Works did not produce any electrics.

I just went through a book of Taunton Builder's records. They produced about 1,000
steam locomotives from 1847 to 1889.

Have Westinghouse & GE records. Will try and look through them and see
if I find anything.

D
  by Leo Sullivan

I don't know very much about the Whitin Machine works or the Linwood St. Ry.
But, I do know that there were more than three 2' electrics. Though I have a few pictures,
I have never seen any records.
LS
  by Pat Fahey

Hi Leo
Thank you very much for your recent post , interesting , how can I be sure that the electric locomotive in second photo was taken at Whitin Machine works ? The unit is not lettered,but you do have me interested on seeing what you have for photos . Could you please send me a (PM) with attachments showing me what you have .
I am also tring to put together a roster of locomotives . again Thank you Pat .