• New Material on the NYC

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Jim Fitzgerald

:-D TRP, the Railroad Press, had an ad in the latest Railfan mag for two volumes of New York Central photos by the late (great) Ed May, narrated by Richard Stoving. I ordered them and they are the best collection of old NYC since Al Staufer's books. Do a google search and you will find their ad along with the two cover shots. Frankly I have been away for a long time since it seems that modelers have taken over from those of us interested in history, but these two books will benefit both groups.

by clehman

I saw the ad in Railfan and immediately ordered a copy of each Volume. Haven't received them yet, but as with anything NYC, I look forward to getting them. Now that you've seen them and are impressed - I hope my copies will show up this week in the mail. Thanks.

by Roger Hensley

I just ordered them and I hope that they are as good as you say. :-)

by Ed Byrnes

Picked up both volumes a few weeks ago. They're both great. One of the nicest things about both is that the picture captions are in a good sized bold print. Makes it easy for old eyes. Both volumes are 48 pages long and have about 70 well captioned photos in each. Dutchess Train and Hobbys on Vasser Rd. in Poughkeepsie has them in stock. They're $ 18.95 each. I only wish there was more. Can't get enough NYC!

Ed Byrnes