• Late (Chronologically) Trains?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by Jason W

As I laid down last night around 11:30 I heard something whistling for the Clayville-Holman City Crossing! In all the years I have lived in the Sauquoit Valley I have no memory of a train operating this late at night on the Utica division of the Susie-Q, especially on a Sunday! Who was on the crew and what did they do so wrong as to have to pull down that assignment? Seriously, has this been a recent thing or have I just not been very observant for the last 26 years?

by trainfreak

Well its a railroad so they are allowed to run out of normal times and whenever they want. As for what it was...it could have been an extra move maybe consisting of ballast cars since its that time of year again or engines that need to be or have been repaired.