• Looking for information on TGV cab signals

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by Lackawanna565

I'm trying to find a site that current cab signal indications for them. I found some stuff. But I think they got the information wrong. I was watching a video. The guy got footage of the indication changed. I'm curious about railroad signaling and cab signals. But I couldn't find something that matches what the cab signal is telling the engineer. I think the sites I checked got it wrong. Just want to make sure.
  by ExCon90

I remember an article in La Vie du Rail back when the original TGV's went into service (and I can't believe how long ago that was). At that time it was strictly a numeric display from 000 to 300; the numerals were green, except that a reduction to a lower speed appeared in yellow (and presumably back to green at some point, and certainly when the speed went back upward), and the stop indication was 000 in red and meant stop at the next wayside marker. No doubt there have been changes since then -- what did you find?
  by Lackawanna565

In the video I was watching. The cab signal had three numbers red. The out layer was white and it was flashing. But I couldn't find that indication on any sites.
  by DutchRailnut

most of TGV routes are covered with ERTMS II type PTC

http://www.ertms.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by DutchRailnut

thanks for link.