• Boarding Platform Changes on the M&E

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Lackawanna565

I check once and awhile to see if any trains are crossing over at Morristown, Madison or Summit. I noticed today they had for East Orange and Brick Church this past Saturday (Saturday, February 22 - 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. – outbound trains arrive on the center track). But nothing for South Orange or Maplewood that day. There is something for those two stations later on today. But why nothing for them this past Saturday? Since there is no interlocking between East Orange And Maplewood. I wonder how many trains got delayed because of the people waiting on the wrong platform.
  by Lackawanna565

Never mind. I remember the position of the island platforms for Maplewood and South Orange are different.
  by nick11a

Lackawanna565 wrote:Never mind. I remember the position of the island platforms for Maplewood and South Orange are different.
Yup, the different arrangements of the platorms make for some interesting moves, especially during rush hour. Sometimes when there are some "deviations" from normal loading patterns, NJT will put a sign up at the station to alert passengers.