• Big Macs coming to MMA?

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

by CN9634

They are not owned by MMA but were rather under contract with MMA for work.
  by MEC407

Understood. :) When I wrote "they" I meant Ozark Mountain and/or whoever owns them.
  by BandA

Is MMA's shops still working on stuff for themselves or others?
  by CN9634

The person who owns them ran out of financing.

This is the person/company involved: http://www.railsolution4u.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From what I was told, a big idea with little feasibility
  by MEC407

A RailWorld employee posted on LocoNotes that the units are being prepped for shipment to Chicago for scrapping.
  by CN9634

Two are currently at NMJ. Presumably for routing over PAR.

EDIT: Correction, all 4 are at NMJ.
  by GP40MC1118

Are they still moving under ALCX reporting marks?

d
  by riffian

Another board reports they're moving under JLCX reporting marks. Reported to be out of Northern Maine Junction, now.
  by MEC407

Per multiple reports on the GuilfordRailSightings Yahoo Group, the SD90MACs are on their way out of Maine on Pan Am train POED.
  by CPF363

Regarding the SD90s that were on the MM&A, which one of the three are these engines; the SD9043MAC, a 4,300 HP locomotive with the 265H engine; 6,000 HP SD90; or the SD90MAC-H II.

If these have the 6,000HP locomotives, could they be converted to 4,300 HP engines? Are the frames, electronics and trucks of question in addition to the engines themselves?
  by MEC407

6000 HP with the 265H.

It wouldn't be impossible to re-engine them with 4300 HP 710 engines, but Union Pacific found it economically unfeasible to do so, and they've got pretty deep pockets, so I can't imagine that it would be worthwhile for many other railroads or rebuilders.
  by Dick H

POED with the 90MACS has been tied down at Dover waiting for
a recrew for seven hours as of 10PM. Unknown when they will head west.
Here's a photo at Dover. One 90MAc looks like it has already
started being parted out. Thanks to Christopher Shannon for
the photo.

http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20131 ... 831286.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by CN9634

They're pretty much junk... but MMA did get at least two running and tested them between Derby and South LaGrange a few times. I don't think they hauled any freight.
  by thebigham

^Thanks!

Anything else left at the derby shops that could be shipped off?