• Does Pan Am operate on Christmas Day?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by mdamico23

Hi Everyone,

Here's a quick question. I know alot of railroads shut down on Christmas Day. Wondering if Pan Am follows suit? I think they would have to have at least a skeleton crew around- both the MBTA and the Amtrak "Downeaster" operate limited schedules today, so I would think that there are some dispatchers on duty in Districts 3 and 2. Not sure if the usual Ayer Auto and Intermodal trains are operating today as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all- and thank you to all as well for your posts throughout the year...

-Mike
  by jr145

Most jobs are cancelled for major holidays like Christmas. Some of the high priority jobs will usually still run, but most are cancelled.
  by Mikejf

Switching jobs are still going on, like Rumford, Me for instance.
  by SpiderHill

I saw SEPO on the Worcester main today around 5:30pm when I was out and about.
  by mulfreak

There was no activity thru Wiggenville at all X-Mas day. I was home all day and watching.