• New Woodstock Bridge

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

by NYCUticaSyracuse81

I'd like to hike back to the Lehigh bridge over the East Branch of Limestone Creek in the village of New Woodstock, NY this spring to photograph it. Does anyone know whether or not this is public or private property? Thanks-81
  by RussNelson

You mean this bridge? http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/153484581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It sure seemed to be marked as a rail-trail when I tried to bicycle it as a rail-trail. I ran into an impassable mudhole on the south side of Delphi Road and gave up. By the way, there's also a bridge over the Chittenango Creek north of Thompson Road, a bit to the north of there. Here's the bridge you're talking about:
IMG_2789 by Russ Nelson, on Flickr
  by NYCUticaSyracuse81

That's the one. Thanks Russ! The LV bridge over Chittenango Creek near Thompson road looks like it's close to the WS bridge over C.C., which I also want to photograph in the spring. The LV bridge appears to be on a rail trail, so it wont be hard to get to, but do you know the easiest way to get back to the WS stone arch bridge over the Chittenango Creek?