• LIRR Before - After Locations Photos

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Doc Emmet Brown

Old Murray Hill..

New Murray hill
  by nyandw

nyandw wrote:timz "Everyone agrees the first three pics are about the same spot?"

Look in background of first and third picture: NY City 33rd thru 37th street in background. The 1904 map (posted earlier) shows the pass station as does the 1910 photo at the west end of the tracks at a 90 degree angle. Also check the track configurations: all the same.
Timz: Agree?
  by timz

Sure-- I just couldn't figure what Doc Emmet Brown was saying "No" to (maybe due to careless reading). If he agrees, everyone does.
  by Doc Emmet Brown

I said NO to this question..

Head-end View » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Nice photo spread. Is that Long Island City yard shown in the 2004 photo the same as "Yard-A"?

So the correct ans was NO.. they were pictures of LIC Passenger Yard, not Yard A.
Yard A is in a different location.. Careless reading perhaps lolol

However I agree the first 3 photos were LIC..

HUH?
  by Doc Emmet Brown

Flatbush ave before..dont worry I will not say I worked there then... dont want to get any metro north pups upset lol
and after..

In a way it sort of reminds me of the brookfield zoo here in chicago..
  by Doc Emmet Brown

Little neck before..
Little neck 2008
  by LB

Looking at a slide from APR 88, it was brick colored. Two photos from FEB 66 and JUN 73 both show it painted white. This should help bracket it down some what.
  by No Door Light

I miss the old FBA terminal, it was my home station when I was a little kid. Many great memories of my mom and me taking trips to "out to the island" to visit family. Extra special when a holiday was involved, loved having my nosed pressed against the glass of the RFW on the M1's. Changing for a diesel at Jamaica or Hicksville was like a whole other world!