• NYC T Motor Questions

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by jkrail

Greetings:
I have read what has been posted on this list as to the NYC T Motor #278 and I have a question.

I would like to take a (long) trip out to see if I can photograph the insides of the T Motor for an upcoming modeling project.
Is it still on a siding outside of the electric plant?
Is it accessable without getting into trouble?
Is it boarded up and impossible to get inside?
If you have been there recently, please comment.

Your answers could save me a few hundred miles of travel.

Thanks
Jerry Kelley
  by traingeek8223

To answer your questions:

Yes it is still outside the power plant in Glenmont

No, it is not accessible without blatantly trespassing (nor is it even visible from the road to photograph)

It was only partially boarded up when I was there five years ago, but it has been better secured since then by the previous owner (Berkshire Scenic)

The only way you will be able to do what you are asking (and the only way you should ever) is to get the permission of the equipment and property owners and go in with their supervision. That in it's self should be near impossible as I have been trying to figure out who has taken over the project and no one is spilling the beans. I do not recommend just going in there. Those days are long gone.
  by Otto Vondrak

traingeek8223 wrote:The only way you will be able to do what you are asking (and the only way you should ever) is to get the permission of the equipment and property owners and go in with their supervision. That in it's self should be near impossible as I have been trying to figure out who has taken over the project and no one is spilling the beans. I do not recommend just going in there. Those days are long gone.
That project is long dead. I'm sure we can photograph it as soon as it is cut up in pieces for removal when the power plant gets tired of it stored on their property.

-otto-