• Noticed/Questioned Major Delays, Annulments, Reroutes

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by John Laubenheimer

Here's a link to the NY Daily News article.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... -1.1533963

The derailment is just south of the junction from the west side line used by Amtrak (visible in some of the pictures shown). It looks clear, but the investigation process should probably block all traffic in the area.
  by EricL

shlustig wrote:Does anybody know why #22 (26th) eastbound Texas Eagle dropped 7'30" between Little Rock and Walnut Ridge?
UP freight derailment. 22 and 21 had to turn at LRK and WNR, respectively, and go back to SAS/CHI.
  by srock1028

Anyone know what happened to A50 (5). Last status I see was for Maysville KY and it was 3 hours 48 min late.
  by ThirdRail7

srock1028 wrote:Anyone know what happened to A50 (5). Last status I see was for Maysville KY and it was 3 hours 48 min late.
The usual suspects. It left late because it was being held due to a broken rail. Then, it needed a recrew and police.

Take a look at 21(5) if you want to see real on time performance.
  by hi55us

fl9m2004 wrote:What's up with both amtrak 164 and 88
Both are listed 50 minutes late into New Haven
We're seeing a pretty bad snow storm around NYC that I would imagine would have an effect on NEC operations.
  by theozno

It seems the empire builder is having major delays causing cancelations at the moment. I am assuming this cold is causing some of the issues -30 degreesF in Montana. I am curious to know thanks.
  by cobra30689

fl9m2004 wrote:What's up with 174
amtrak.com says service disruption
Is csx doing some track work in Virginia
174 vs. Crown Victoria. 174 won.......
  by fl9m2004

Did 174's engine have any damage from impact
Or did a rescue engine show up and get train moving
Just checked amtrak.com still delayed
  by Arlington

fl9m2004 wrote:Did 174's engine have any damage from impact..Or did a rescue engine show up and get train moving
..Just checked amtrak.com still delayed
Story says that 174 "left the scene" after a 2-hour delay. Picture suggests 174 went under their own power
(the engine is the one on the left ;-) )
cobra30689 wrote:174 vs. Crown Victoria. 174 won.......
  by BM6569

I heard that 69 had engine trouble in the empire tunnel this morning and had to be towed out. Might explain why it left 1:45 late

The LIRR facebook page posted this afternoon that there were 15 minute delays due to a disabled Amtrak train in one of the East River tunnels
  by fl9m2004

Its strange with the adirondack having trouble
Did they uncouple the engine with issues and get it going with another engine
I'm sure the NYP protect engine could have been assigned ahead of trouble engine
Also the engine that was involved with 174 was lucky with no signifigant damage from collision