• Rotem Cars Discussion (new bi-level cars)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by tvachon

deathtopumpkins wrote:Spotted four Rotems on the Rockburyport line this morning. 156 had an interesting consist - flat cab, 1816, flat, flat, 1810, flat, loco...

Yup, this set has been making the rounds for a few weeks. One the Fitchburg line, it usually is spotted, by my much too awake for early arse o'clock group, on Wednesdays, leading to it being called the HUMPPPP Day drain due to it looking like a camel
  by Diverging Route

For the record, the solid R-set is: S-1801-1802-808-810-011-N. Note that the 1802 is turned so that the operating end is facing north.
  by Diverging Route

There are still ~18 unaccepted coaches at BET (plus the two "held for vehicle engineering"). It has been many weeks since new coaches were accepted/inducted into the revenue fleet. Any recent signs of test trains or progress?
  by AEM7AC920

Test train ran yesterday and was scheduled to run today per bulletin.
  by ns3010

Diverging Route wrote:There are still ~18 unaccepted coaches at BET (plus the two "held for vehicle engineering"). It has been many weeks since new coaches were accepted/inducted into the revenue fleet. Any recent signs of test trains or progress?
It hasn't been too long, only about two weeks. Last cars placed in service were 1808 and 1817 on 11/5.

The current test train should be 811-812-813-814-1818-1820. Something like that.
  by deathtopumpkins

Rotem (unknown #) leading my inbound train this morning displayed "Newburyport" at Ipswich, and there's audio announcements! That's at least progress on that front.

There are far too many coaches sitting outside BET though. Is there any specific issue that's been holding up their acceptance?
  by AEM7AC920

Resources and the fact that each car is being thoroughly tested and inspected before being sent out for road tests.
  by deathtopumpkins

Well yes, I should hope they're being thoroughly tested and inspected, I was just wondering, since its been 2 weeks since one entered service, and previously they were coming in at a regular pace, if there were some new issue that had cropped up.
Aren't they going to run out of storage space at BET soon, since Philly's still shipping them out?
  by Steve Wagner

The second inbound on the Fitchburg line this morning was four of the Rotem double-deckers; it seemed less crowded than usual.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Rotem Test train occupying Trk 6 in Readville...811-812-813-814-1818-1820 no loco power, but plugged into Layover

815, along with a cut of mixed cars on Trk 7