• Retirements and Disposition of CR Equipment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Type7trolley

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:IIRC, 523 is in Readville, stripped of all seats...as viewed from the Dorchester Branch on a pass by
I believe it's getting a new floor at the moment.
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Type7trolley wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:IIRC, 523 is in Readville, stripped of all seats...as viewed from the Dorchester Branch on a pass by

Roger, that explains the seats removed and why it wasn't at BET if it was indeed being scrapped
  by ACeInTheHole

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
Type7trolley wrote:

Roger, that explains the seats removed and why it wasn't at BET if it was indeed being scrapped
Interesting that theyre putting a new floor in one of the MBBs with the Rotems seemingly starting to straighten themselves out and beginning to advance their numbers.
  by sery2831

Keep in mind the 700/1700s K cars are being rebuilt and for the time being the Rotems will be filling in the K car void. The worst of the 500/1500s are being retired now, but the better ones will be kept for a while. When the K car rebuild program winds down, you will see the 500/1500s go.
  by MBTA1070

I have something else to say... about a week ago, 507 went out of service as inactive, but now it's back in service. Why?
  by ACeInTheHole

mbta1051dan wrote:1014 is no longer with us...
What happened to that one?
  by JonY12

NETransit lists 1014 as out of service because of an engine failure
  by CRail

mbta1051dan wrote:1014 is no longer with us...
When it's listed next to 1016 it's no longer with us. It ain't over 'til it's over.
  by GP40MC1118

The 1014 had a major engine failure on Train No.129 coming into Rockport last Thursday
night. At least it was able to coast into the station in its dying last breaths.

D
  by sery2831

Yes the 1014 will probably be stripped of parts in the near future.
  by AEM7AC920

Currently siting on S&I1 inside in the wash section of the building, of all the screamers I'm suprised that one died it was one of the stronger screamers running.
  by ACeInTheHole

Anyone know the nature of the failure? Did it throw a rod? Window in the block? Etc.
  by AEM7AC920

Let's see the 1015 is on the work train because the 47,48, and 49 are all down shall we cue in the 66 yet ;).