• Randolph R. Resor: 1952-2013

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Otto Vondrak

Gilbert B Norman wrote:I have learned that Randolph R. Resor, who posted at this site under the handle 'Nellie Bly', passed away on All Saints Day, November 1.
Most upsetting. RRR was a welath of information, and just an all around good person to know. Certainly instrumental in the early years of RAILROAD.NET. Sympathies to his family.

-otto m. vondrak
  by MEC407

Otto Vondrak wrote:Most upsetting. RRR was a welath of information, and just an all around good person to know. Certainly instrumental in the early years of RAILROAD.NET. Sympathies to his family.
Hear, hear.

:(
  by CarterB

Condolences to Mr. Resor's family. I always enjoyed "Nellie Bly's" perspectives and great wealth of knowledge.
  by charlie6017

Very unfortunate news.......I personally never knew Mr. Resor, but I know he was a great asset here
on the forums. My condolences go to his family and his friends.

Charlie
  by gokeefe

I think it says a lot about these boards that the Policy Advisor to the Secretary of Transportation was an active contributor here.

My condolences to the family. His insight and care of his profession brought light into our world.
  by 2nd trick op

Another loss from the ranks of those who made "our little Parliament" such a stimulating place; Mr, Reasor will be recalled by those who shared the pleasure of his insights for as long as any of us are around.
  by bonaire

Sorry to hear about the gentleman. Never met him but enjoyed his posts. A man who is remembered lovingly, as he is here, has had a good life.
  by Gilbert B Norman

A Legacy Dot Com page has been opened for Mr. Resor.

Here is a Philadelphia Inquirer obituarythat outlines Randy's railroad industry career. There should be no question that he brought unique insight to the several forums here at which he participated. That insight will indeed be missed.l
  by 25Hz

I remember seeing Mr. Resor several times in my rail travels over the years, never realizing it was 'our' "nelly bly" till now. I do not believe we ever spoke.

His insights will be missed by me.

And agree, we have lost some great people this year on here.
  by Robert Paniagua

I also remember seeing his posts on Amtrak and the New York City Subways since he once worked (I think) as a consultant for them. My sympathies go out to his family both at home and here
  by MACTRAXX

GBN and Everyone: I wondered who Randolph R.Resor was until I finally decided to look at this memorial topic:

Railroad.Net's one and only "Nellie Bly" was very informative and knowledgable of the subjects that he would post in
and was one of the better reads in the Forums...He will be missed...

Rest In Peace, RRR...MACTRAXX
  by keithsy

I have not been on this forum for a long period of time. I am sad to learn of Mr. Resor's untimely death. I knew the gent and we always passed in the corridor with a kind word. He is not suffering and he is with the Lord. Grant him rest eternal. May Randolph rest in peace. AMEN. Rise and shine in glory.
  by keithsy

Gilbert B Norman wrote:I have learned that Randolph R. Resor, who posted at this site under the handle 'Nellie Bly', passed away on All Saints Day, November 1.

I knew Randy 'face to face' since 2001. He knew several contemporaries of mine from my railroad industry career, and our last meet up occurred June 2011 at Frontera Grill here in Chicago. I knew Randy had been confronting several health issues of late.

Randy's 'CV' as a railroad industry professional is best summarized here:

http://scholar.google.com/citations?use ... AAAJ&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My deepest sympathies go out to Carol, and their two children.

GBN
I will read his works.
  by jbvb

I valued his informed comments. My condolences to family & friends.
  by icgsteve

I dont come around here much anymore but I had some very interesting and productive arguments with this avatar over several years, usually about the NEC. It is sad when such knowledgeable people depart.