• ya siding

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by jonvit69

seen ny@&a cleaning up the second siding at ya. they also extended it a little. first of all a big thank you.you guys really made it look nice.but is there a on going plan for more tracks or just a normal clean up duty? :-D
  by freightguy

Last time the siding was used for bentonite(covered hoppers) for the landfill. That track is known as the YA team track on an old LIRR freight map it listed Accent Flooring as a costumer.
  by jayrmli

Accent had a presence in the old Yaphank freight house that was right next to the team track, but moved out many years ago. The building was razed several years ago.
  by jonvit69

tis a bit of history.yes it was accent flooring,but in the 20s -50s it was a loading platform/building for vegetables fruits etc. from farmers in the yaphank area into the city.as for the siding.as of today there was atraining center set up. looked really neat with 2 tank cars a flat car a box car converted into a office and a other tanker.looked like the colors of csx,but had dec #s.if your a railfan take a look at this.but i dont know if it will be tomorrow as it wasent there yesterday.btw no engines around.
  by jonvit69

100% correct thanks!
  by freightguy

That would make sense. The Suffolk County Fire Academy is right up the road on Yaphank Ave south of police HQ.
  by Teutobergerwald

NYA not operating east of KO due to the snow drifts?
  by jayrmli

They operated last night.

Snow drifts don't really become a problem on the Main Line until you get out to the farms east of Riverhead, particularly around Cutchogue.
  by Teutobergerwald

And at present, until more regular business presents itself, NYA isn't serving anyone east of Riverhead, correct?
  by LINYARailfan

Teutobergerwald wrote:And at present, until more regular business presents itself, NYA isn't serving anyone east of Riverhead, correct?
Yes at present there is no NYA service east of Riverhead. Any NYA Customer WEST of Paraco Gas is not endanger of being cut by the management of NYA with the EXCEPTION to Riverhead Building Supply which is juuuust east of Paraco Gas right before LD block limit. I'm not sure how much business Riverhead lumber does at present. When I talked to the manager Keith back in 2012 he said he only takes ten carloads a year. Thats all I know right now as things may change. Hope this helps.
  by Uncle Cheapo

There is actually one on spot now, and another in Pineaire next to go in.