• Rotem Cars Discussion (new bi-level cars)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by sery2831

They were tagged in transit to Boston.
  by mdamico23

sery2831 wrote:They were tagged in transit to Boston.
That makes sense. I would think the area around BET is patrolled by the MBTA police any perhaps the locals. Anyhow, its a shame they got tagged.

-mike
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Rotem test train scheduled for tonight out of Readville...S.U. 17:00 had the 1071 for power, 2 8**'s and 3 18**'s was on a passing train, no numbers
  by jslader

Cab cars 1807, 1809, and 1813, as well as coach 823 have been handed off to CSX to be delivered to Boston.
  by GP40MC1118

809 & 824 got put on Q436 and landed at Framingham today. Change in routing again or
Selkirk messed up?

D
  by ACeInTheHole

GP40MC1118 wrote:809 & 824 got put on Q436 and landed at Framingham today. Change in routing again or
Selkirk messed up?

D
I think weve all been around the block enough times to know which one it is.
  by sery2831

Spotted a trainset that is loco-flat-flat-rotem-rotem-16xx tonight at BET. Didn't go and look at the set as I was checking the new loco out.
  by octr202

There's also the inverse of the above. 177 on Thursday afternoon had 1800, I believe three assorted flats, and an 800 or 900 car up front. Wasn't close enough to see what the car behind the locomotive was, but it was the tall variety.

Also, wonder if the test train on the southside was the cars that have been on the Valley track recently. I was surprised last night to see the set that had been sitting with a Geep on the south end was gone.
  by ns3010

octr202 wrote:There's also the inverse of the above. 177 on Thursday afternoon had 1800, I believe three assorted flats, and an 800 or 900 car up front. Wasn't close enough to see what the car behind the locomotive was, but it was the tall variety.

Also, wonder if the test train on the southside was the cars that have been on the Valley track recently. I was surprised last night to see the set that had been sitting with a Geep on the south end was gone.
That's interesting, because the 1800 was supposedly having some kind of an issue at BET shortly before that. Sounds like that's the set that broke down in Fitchburg this morning (see the delay thread).

In regards to the test train and valley track, they may or have not been the same set. The test train (3 cabs 2 blinds) sounds like the train I saw testing at CP-2 last Thursday (the 17th) that had 1810-1817-821-1808-817, but has since disappeared. The string on the Valley Track on Wednesday had 1818-811-812-1820-813-814-1121 (I believe all the numbers are correct, although the order might be a little off), but was gone at 2pm yesterday. I'm thinking the SS test train yesterday had the cars I saw testing last week, and the cars recently removed from the Valley have simply been moved elsewhere in BET.
  by mdamico23

[quote="ns3010"][quote="octr202"]There's also the inverse of the above. 177 on Thursday afternoon had 1800, I believe three assorted flats, and an 800 or 900 car up front. Wasn't close enough to see what the car behind the locomotive was, but it was the tall variety.

"That's interesting, because the 1800 was supposedly having some kind of an issue at BET shortly before that. Sounds like that's the set that broke down in Fitchburg this morning (see the delay thread)."

It was indeed the 1800 that was the cab car which caused the issue on the Fitchburg this morning. When I arrived at the station and saw a Rotem, 3 flats, another double deck and a GP40MC all in the same consist, I thought "hmm... this could get interesting... "

-Mike
  by ns3010

mdamico23 wrote:
ns3010 wrote:
octr202 wrote:There's also the inverse of the above. 177 on Thursday afternoon had 1800, I believe three assorted flats, and an 800 or 900 car up front. Wasn't close enough to see what the car behind the locomotive was, but it was the tall variety.
That's interesting, because the 1800 was supposedly having some kind of an issue at BET shortly before that. Sounds like that's the set that broke down in Fitchburg this morning (see the delay thread).
It was indeed the 1800 that was the cab car which caused the issue on the Fitchburg this morning. When I arrived at the station and saw a Rotem, 3 flats, another double deck and a GP40MC all in the same consist, I thought "hmm... this could get interesting... "

-Mike

Well then there's not much to say about that other than ..........welp..........

John, what was that about waiting for one of them to fail out on the road? :-)
  by nomis

GP40MC1118 wrote:823-1807-1809-1813 out of Philly on Q300-25

d
Interestingly, they placed two spacer cars in between two pairs of cars.
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... t=1&ref=nf photo Credited - (you may need to be logged into FB to see)

PS. I should go to Philly and leave for Boston more often. It seems every day I leave, so does a set of Rotems. :-)