• Rotem Cars Discussion (new bi-level cars)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA1070

If they don't find 816, what will happen? Will they make a new 816, or will they just not have a 816?
  by MBTA1070

If they don't find 816, what will happen? Will they make a new 816, or will they just not have a 816?
  by ns3010

Obligatory crappy "just for the record" photos from yesterday:

At North Station:

At South Acton:

AEM7AC920 wrote:1801 is indeed operating as a control car, the 807 got a new paint scheme as well thanks to the local graffiti artist.
I saw that the 1819 has a new paint scheme as well, and it hasn't even left BET!

Diverging Route wrote:Is 1801 now testing mods that if successful will allow the other 11 to come back on-line?
Yes. The 1800 has the mods as well, but is just not back in service yet.

MBTA1070 wrote:If they don't find 816, what will happen? Will they make a new 816, or will they just not have a 816?
It likely just went back to the plant to fix... something. A giant silver and purple passenger car doesn't just disappear in the middle of a freight yard forever.

Also, there was a test train out yesterday afternoon with 1810-1817-821-1808-817.
  by MBTA3247

ns3010 wrote:
AEM7AC920 wrote:1801 is indeed operating as a control car, the 807 got a new paint scheme as well thanks to the local graffiti artist.
I saw that the 1819 has a new paint scheme as well, and it hasn't even left BET!
Sounds like a repeat of when the 900s arrived. 907 got tagged the night it was delivered to BET!
  by ACeInTheHole

MC, did you happen to hear any rumors of 816 being sent back to the plant? Or is its waybill just THAT epically lost?
  by GP40MC1118

Can't seem to find out what is up with that car. Beginning to think it was an error and
it never left the plant. We need someone in Philly to scope out Greenwich yard...

D
  by ACeInTheHole

GP40MC1118 wrote:Can't seem to find out what is up with that car. Beginning to think it was an error and
it never left the plant. We need someone in Philly to scope out Greenwich yard...

D
Wouldnt surprise me. The coaches coming out of there are so horribly out of order that the 807 is in revenue service while just two number slots over the 809 is just making its way up from the plant and nowhere near Massachusetts as of yet. Wouldnt surprise me for a second if 816 was still at the plant.. It kind of has to be at this point.
  by sery2831

Thanks for capturing me in BOTH of the photos you posted!

And the 1800 came out today, I think on #177. It had some sort of failure this evening on train #142 causing a slight delay. Look for both the 1800 and 1801 to be out this weekend.
  by Arlington

sery2831 wrote:Thanks for capturing me in BOTH of the photos you posted!

And the 1800 came out today, I think on #177. It had some sort of failure this evening on train #142 causing a slight delay. Look for both the 1800 and 1801 to be out this weekend.
Which kind of out? Out of service or Out of the shop, running?
  by BostonUrbEx

Saw a test train of solid Rotems (presumably cabs) at the junction of Iron Horse Park and the Lowell Line (unsure of this interlocking/junction name) at about 3pm. It was following right behind 1307 to Lowell. The set came to a stop for quite a while just north of the interlocking. Presumably to reverse and crossover and go back to Boston.
  by ns3010

sery2831 wrote:Thanks for capturing me in BOTH of the photos you posted!
Haha I didn't even notice you sticking your head out in the second one!

Arlington wrote:Which kind of out? Out of service or Out of the shop, running?
Out on the road, in service.

BostonUrbEx wrote:Saw a test train of solid Rotems (presumably cabs) at the junction of Iron Horse Park and the Lowell Line (unsure of this interlocking/junction name) at about 3pm
If it was the same set I saw at Tower A on Thursday, it was three cabs and two trailers.
  by ns3010

After spending the weekend in Oak Island, 809 and 824 are enroute to Selkirk on today's Q434.
  by mdamico23

Several of the new Rotems which have been sitting idle at BET have been tagged with graffiti- at least on the side that faces towards the Fitchburg Main. It's sad seeing bright, shiny new equipment already tagged...

-Mike