• Oakland ME railfan vacation lake house for sale

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by moth

I wasn't sure where to put this (or if it was ok), so after checking with MEC407 he suggested posting this here.

I am selling my cottage on Messalonski Lake. The Pan Am main line abuts the property and is about 100 yds behind the house. The lake is about 20 yds in front of the house.

It is a good location for a rail fan. There are many times I have chased the trains South-West several miles in the boat. We are also not far from Waterville and the rail yard there.

With family committments I have not been able to use the property much, and the times I do get there I seem to spend most of my time doing maintenence. I am motivated to sell and fully expect the price to be negotiated to take into account the work that is needed. When the trains are going North you can here them blowing for the crossings well ahead of time.

The listing is at http://c21landandlakesrealty.com/index. ... tingID=496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have read this, thanks for taking the time. I will miss this property. I just hope that my boys will always remember watching the trains pass by.

Thanks - Dave
  by BM6569

Sounds like a great place to watch trains! Wouldn't mind having a summer place like that