Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by R36 Combine Coach

It could be modifications, but if you recall, there was a 10-car option for 350 total cars.
  by Fan Railer

R36 Combine Coach wrote:It could be modifications, but if you recall, there was a 10-car option for 350 total cars.
lol yea... one that was never very much publicized... hence why we know so little about the details...
  by Head-end View

This might be the 10 additional cars that were ordered over the original 340. If they are getting 5 cabs and 5 cab-less cars the new highest numbers should be 5825/cab-cars and 5225/cab-less cars. If anybody knows different, please correct me.
  by Head-end View

Interesting..........thanks Martin. Surprised no one picked up on this 2 years ago.
  by Fan Railer

Head-end View wrote:Interesting..........thanks Martin. Surprised no one picked up on this 2 years ago.
I actually recall seeing this a while ago. Dunno why I never passed it on in this direction.....
  by JCGUY

I saw a blue PATH car on a flatbed truck at around 6:30 p.m. last week, on Frank E. Rodgers Blvd. in Harrison, I believe on Thursday. I didn't catch the car number. Would that be a car that PATH is taking delivery of, perhaps in connection with its supplemental order of cars, or one sent away for some reason?
  by Fan Railer

Couldn't quite see the car number on that...
  by ACeInTheHole

Fan Railer wrote:Couldn't quite see the car number on that...
  by Head-end View

Going back to our earlier discussion of the ten additional "A" cars probably being numbered 5820-5829. I actually saw car 5828 a while back, so it looks like that was correct.