• Uniq. Eqpmt Sightings: Private Varnish (PV's), Charters, etc

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Greg Moore

acelaphillies wrote:ACS-64 is heading up the NEC now. It is probably past Princeton Jct. at this point. When it reaches Newark, NJ a P42 will pull it back.
They can't rewind the rubber band in Newark?
  by 25Hz

Greg Moore wrote:
acelaphillies wrote:ACS-64 is heading up the NEC now. It is probably past Princeton Jct. at this point. When it reaches Newark, NJ a P42 will pull it back.
They can't rewind the rubber band in Newark?
I am not sure if it was powering itself or being towed back, but it was definitely providing pulling power eastbound.

I am posting videos now! :)
  by Tadman

An interesting move from last month that we all missed - an Amtrak OCS meets a BNSF OCS on the Joint Line out west.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3NorM3S ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the positioning move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXDP1sPc ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by jhdeasy

PV photo opportunity: CANNON BALL on train 79 from NYP to WAS on Monday, August 26.

This car makes only a few moves each year, so here is a an opportunity that is more rare than some other opportunities.

http://www.aaprco.com/members_cars/thum ... p?album=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by ajp

riding on 63 out of NYP this morning, had 2 6 car consists together with 2 P32's. Crew said that the first (non revenue) set was destined for Saratoga race coverage. The noemal consist continued on to TWO.
  by Train2009

Shuttle Train #401 from Springfield, MA had Greenwich Harbor and Greenwich Estate when it entered New Haven, CT - Union Station this afternoon.
  by jhdeasy

fl9m2004 wrote:Any idea where they where headed
Most likely Washington Union Station.

At least one of the two cars, possibly both GREENWICH HARBOR and GREENWICH ESTATE, will be heading to Oakland in September for the AAPRCO convention, which is October 1 -3 at Napa, CA. The car(s) will not participate in the AAPRCO convention special train (routed Seattle - Richland - Bend - Klamath Falls - Oroville - Napa - San Luis Obispo - Los Angeles) on September 26 - 30 and October 4 - 5, but will remain parked at Oakland while their owners and guests attend the convention at Napa.

GREENWICH HARBOR + GREENWICH ESTATE = nice cars, nice people, nice dogs!
  by Greg Moore

Had no warning, but caught it in passing, but one of the prototype Viewliners is just north of the Wilmington yard on a track parallel to the main tracks.

Doesn't look like it's in great shape. :-)
  by Gilbert B Norman

Observed #5 (30) passing MP 18.7 today. On the head and placed ahead of the Baggage were 'Cimarron River '(SLSF 14-4), Prairie View (IP; IC livery), and "Caritas'.
  by lnj

Greg Moore wrote:Had no warning, but caught it in passing, but one of the prototype Viewliners is just north of the Wilmington yard on a track parallel to the main tracks.

Doesn't look like it's in great shape. :-)
I saw it in that spot north of the Wilmington shops last Sunday behind some MOW equipment. It's definitely 2300 because it's the only prototype left in Phase III paint. Happened to have my camera out at the right time, so I got a picture of it. I don't have access to wi-fi now, but I'll post a picture whenI get the chance.
  by Backshophoss

Believe 2300 is to become the "2nd Gen" Track Geo car for Amtrak,take some of the workload off of the "Corridor Clipper" and
the Acela Track Geo car, reportly used as a test site for "Viewliner II " sleeper modules.