• Comet I set MIA?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Clearfield

Silverliner II wrote:
Clearfield wrote:
Clearfield wrote:I heard the cars are getting names pained on the sides like the old PRR coaches had.
Nautilus, Seaview, Titanic, Lusitania, Andrea Doria, Cousteau and Davy Jones.

I might have misunderstood though............ :)
We need one more doomed boat for the 8th car. How about "Poseidon"....
Hw did I forget that?
  by blockline4180

Any updates on when/if this set will return to service??? It is almost Spring, so was just wondering if anyone heard anything!
Thanks!
  by Silverliner II

blockline4180 wrote:Any updates on when/if this set will return to service??? It is almost Spring, so was just wondering if anyone heard anything!
Thanks!
I've heard no news... not on the Comet I set, nor the three Bomber cars OOS for overhaul...
  by Clearfield

Silverliner II wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:Any updates on when/if this set will return to service??? It is almost Spring, so was just wondering if anyone heard anything!
Thanks!
I've heard no news... not on the Comet I set, nor the three Bomber cars OOS for overhaul...
UNCONFIRMED reports of PA system issues.
  by Silverliner II

Clearfield wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:
Thanks!
UNCONFIRMED reports of PA system issues.
Just from riding them, I bet it is a case of "It worked in some cars and not in others." Just like issues with random doors not opening or closing on a trainline command, depending on which panel you were using.

As for the long outage time, I think they are doing the work on a "time available" basis.... but that's just my guess.
  by NJT4115

I don't live near any SEPTA lines, but before 2002 NJT Comet Is we're compatible with Comet IIs. Would SEPTA be able to do this? Correct me if I'm wrong.
  by Silverliner II

NJT4115 wrote:I don't live near any SEPTA lines, but before 2002 NJT Comet Is we're compatible with Comet IIs. Would SEPTA be able to do this? Correct me if I'm wrong.
They would have to make some electrical modifications to make the 27-pin jumper plugs match up, among other things.
  by ex Budd man

The Comets have been parked since the last of the SL-Vs have arrived. No word on if they will ever be used again.
  by South Jersey Budd

Spotted the Comets in Overbrook Yard this afternoon with no engine attached. They were on one of the long storage tracks on the West end of the yard. Both cab cars were there. Does this mean they are close to a come back?
  by Clearfield

South Jersey Budd wrote:Spotted the Comets in Overbrook Yard this afternoon with no engine attached. They were on one of the long storage tracks on the West end of the yard. Both cab cars were there. Does this mean they are close to a come back?
Hidden for APTA?
  by Limited-Clear

They were moved to Overbrook because the room they were taking up at Frazer is required for the US Golf tournament, extra cars and probably extra trains needed on the Paoli side
  by Matthew Mitchell

Limited-Clear wrote:They were moved to Overbrook because the room they were taking up at Frazer is required for the US Golf tournament, extra cars and probably extra trains needed on the Paoli side
A few extra trains, and a Rosemont stop added to some expresses.
http://septa.org/events/pdf/usga-2013-pao-schedule.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by blockline4180

Two weeks ago I noticed Silverliner V's in place of the old Comet I push pull set that yarded in West Trenton which went back later that evening as a deadhead...

I'm not too optimistic that the Comet I's will be used in revenue service again on Septa, but I hope I'm wrong!!!
  by rslitman

blockline4180 wrote:Two weeks ago I noticed Silverliner V's in place of the old Comet I push pull set that yarded in West Trenton which went back later that evening as a deadhead...

I'm not too optimistic that the Comet I's will be used in revenue service again on Septa, but I hope I'm wrong!!!
Those V's have been used for 6374 for quite some time now. Sometimes I see or hear them deadheading back to town in the 7:00-7:30 p.m. time frame in the Rydal area.

The morning express train that formerly had a push-pull set - 6-3-2-odd digit that's due at Bethayres just before going express - but doesn't have one now often has V's, but sometimes it has IV's.
  by boomer

Any day now. Keep yer eyes peeled.