• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on CSX

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Railhead

NS 8105 passed Lock 19 Frankfort NY at 1814 on 7/7/13
3rd unit
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:
sd80mac wrote:
ScotCP356 wrote:I believe as of now, there won't be any heritages units on the oil trains for the Port of Albany for a long time as most are going to Oklahoma and Arkansas on the oil trains for the Union Pacific. But I am happy with BNSF power on oil trains.

- Scottie
Not really 8025 and 1074 are in ND and i'm still hoping that it get assigned to port of albany train.

PC and IT are now on 65R, heading back to ND, assume they dont get swapped out.

Did you check the 8105 the Interstate Heritage?
I was out of state since July 3rd... so I was only checking H.U. on my phone for status of Lackawanna and 8025 ... 3 times between July 3rd and 5th. So I wasn't pay attention to other units.. Sorry.
  by ScotCP356

NS 8105 "INTERSTATE" Heritage is heading back west on K041 as leader.

- Scottie
  by sd80mac

8105 had passed CP7, in Teaneck, NJ about 6 min ago... it looks like late afternoon/evening run in Rochester if it does not hold up against traffic or in selkirk...
  by nismofly

heritageunits says it was just east of Amsterdam at 7:58pm. Anybody know of any locations in Syracuse area where lighting is good enough to take decent pictures after dark? Thinking I might try the Amtrak station or carousel mall.
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:I believe as of now, there won't be any heritages units on the oil trains for the Port of Albany for a long time as most are going to Oklahoma and Arkansas on the oil trains for the Union Pacific. But I am happy with BNSF power on oil trains.

- Scottie

We got at least 5 units heading for N.D. (two of them are paired on one train) Who knows if any of them would be assigned to K040 or K010...
  by ScotCP356

Sorry if this is off topic but I saw that UP 1982 is leading QNPCXP 17. The train does go to CSX, Most likely to Selkirk NY.

- Scottie
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:Sorry if this is off topic but I saw that UP 1982 is leading QNPCXP 17. The train does go to CSX, Most likely to Selkirk NY.

- Scottie
keep eye on that to see if it actually make into CSX... If it did, let us know. However WIllard might cut them off and send it back to west. UP is pretty much tight on their heritage units, only few would stray off UP land...
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:Sorry if this is off topic but I saw that UP 1982 is leading QNPCXP 17. The train does go to CSX, Most likely to Selkirk NY.

- Scottie
I checked the symbol again... it sound like CR's old symbol - NPSE which is now CSX Q390... i believe that CSX have been cutting UP and BNSF powers off Q390 and Q380 respectively (sp) at Willard yard and turn them around to send it back to west. I think that Q380 ends at willard and put selkirk cars on other train which I forget what symbol....

good old days of NPSE, Q390, Q380, Q366, ELBU, ELSE, INSE, and few others I forget, are gone.... everything we get is crappy CSX powers... only few western powers get past by Willard for these trains..
  by ScotCP356

I thought the Q390 is no longer used? I do know they are tight with their heritages. So its a 50 50 chance of having the UP 1982 heritage will even pass Wilard Ohio.

- Scottie
  by UP4141

- Scottie
I personally don't think that this is off topic, any heritage unit sighting on C.S.X. are a good catch, especially the U.P. heritage locomotive. U.P. 1982 is an awesome looking locomotive, I happened to catch it about a month ago on an early Saturday morning, unfortunately I did not have a camera on hand.
  by ScotCP356

Well good news. UP 1982 heritage is on symbol X380. But I think they meant Q380. But we all don't know if it will stay on this train when it gets to Willard Ohio. Let's hope it does!!!!

-Scottie
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:I thought the Q390 is no longer used? I do know they are tight with their heritages. So its a 50 50 chance of having the UP 1982 heritage will even pass Wilard Ohio.

- Scottie
yeah. im just saying that this train on UP land is what used to be Q390. It is put on 380, combined with 380 and few other trains at BRC.

My understanding from someone who have knowledge of operations is that they are going to cut powers off 380 at Willard. But I sure hope that this screaming mopac would able to get through Willard without being cut off.. We should know in few hours.. It was passing Fostoria about 20 minutes ago and should be coming into Willard in this hour. wait and see..

BTW... being extra section, it might stay on as Willard might not have other powers to replace these powers.. who knows...
  by UP4141

Isn't QNPCXP the salad bowl express? And dosen't that train ordinarily make a complete run from Bailey to Selkirk?
  by ScotCP356

It went through Tiffin Ohio about an hour ago. It soon coming to Willard, Ohio or should be there.

- Scottie