• Something new

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by UPRR engineer

UP locomotives are gonna start looking a bit different. LOL Im not gonna tell.... make you guys wonder. Im not really into what they look like but i know some of you do. Have fun guessing.

by shortlinerailroader

Long End Forward (HAHAHA)

by Avro Arrow

great thread thanks

by Brad Smith

Ummm....a rearing stallion on the nose? :wink:

by nate

raring, you mean?

by Brad Smith

I suppose. I thought when a horse reared, that's what is was doing. If not, the words horse and rear could still be used in the same sentence to sum up my feelings about NS. :-D

by cb&q bob

It's an ugly reflectorized yellow stripe along the lower edge of the running board/carbody replacing the red stripe that is there now. This is to comply with new law mandating reflectorized material on all rolling stock to keep idiots from running into the side of trains. I dont see why they could'nt have gotten by with the refectorized red stripe they have used for years. I saw a picture and I dont theink it looks very good at all.

by nate

Brad Smith wrote:I suppose. I thought when a horse reared, that's what is was doing. If not, the words horse and rear could still be used in the same sentence to sum up my feelings about NS. :-D
By my definitions, raring would be pulling at your rope or whatever is holding you back and trying to go somewhere. A rearing horse is on that stands up on its back legs. I guess a horse that is raring to go might rear up, or something.

by shortlinerailroader

Hey...maybe I wasn't too far off with that long end forward thing. (even though NS stopped that years ago.

by SRS125

UP's got reflective lettering on there units too.. well some do can't say that all of them do but I have seen a few mostley the newley painted ones any ways.

Or are they going to match wits with NS by puting a goofy cartoon cowboy on a horse rearing back? for a new logo :-D
Last edited by SRS125 on Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by UPRR engineer

I was hoping it would have gone a couple more days before someone that knew posted it. lol Thats ok. I was trying to drive some of those die hard railfans and model railroad guys nuts. Looks like one got upset.

by Joe

Anyone have a pic with the yellow reflectors?