• HEADS UP: Heritage Units on CSX

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by charlie6017

I appreciate the heads-up guys!! :-)

Probably be coming through in the dark, no?

Charlie
  by sd80mac

charlie6017 wrote:I appreciate the heads-up guys!! :-)

Probably be coming through in the dark, no?

Charlie

well.. (correct me if i missed other ones) the last 2 prior to PC unit, they got held up for couple hours at Frontier yard until sunrise because there was another K010 ahead of them and these 2 need to hold back. Assume that k010 arrived frontier at night, I hope that it would happens the same way.

one thing is that we are hoping for morning with the sun on our back, rather than for late pm/evening which wont be a good photo with sun in front of us....

Also it wont be a dry weather next 2 days... (weatherbug says that.. so dont blame me)
  by sd80mac

Apparently there is time warp.... Or dispatcher had put all trains in all siding to clear path for this K010 all the way to Willard...

as of 1050 pm on HU, someone posted that it was in Willard, OH, as per Trainorders...

If it went through without any stoppings, then there's a good chance that it is nearing or already at Buffalo...

Could someone check Trainorders or other sources to see where it is??

thanks

ken
  by ScotCP356

Southern Heritage is in Dunkirk as of 8 AM. May reach Buffalo within an hour?
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:Southern Heritage is in Dunkirk as of 8 AM. May reach Buffalo within an hour?
Sitting at Dunkirk...
  by ScotCP356

Oh. Is the train going to be here in Rochester this evening?
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:Oh. Is the train going to be here in Rochester this evening?

my understanding is that it's crewless and there is no call for new crew yet.
  by ScotCP356

Okay so I guess we have to play the waiting game for the train to get a new crew and then wait for it to depart for the Port of Albany (hopefully it won't stop in Buffalo!!). But if does then I probably would guess that the train will come late tonight, maybe 9 or 10 at night when it will go through Rochester,again if the train would have stop in Buffalo. If it doesn't then it would be like 3 or 5 before it reaches Rochester, but then again CSX usually does like to tied the crude oil trains down until it's not busy. Last thursday, the Penn Central heritage and K010-29 was in Buffalo for the most of the afternoon until evening came. I caught the train in Macedon at around 9:25 pm. Now back to today, there is no way I'm going to catch the heritage in the thunderstorm tonight. Besides I probably gonna have a hard time seeing the green and white paint scheme of the Southern. But I know most people would dare go out in the rain storm to catch the Southern Heritage. ;-)

Now for me, I'm better off catching it over the weekend when the train comes with the power heading west. It would be a better because the sun would shining and the train would be in running during the daytime. Besides I like see the run through and heritage powers in daylight instead of nighttime. Now it would be cool though if the K011 has not 1 heritage but 2 heritages! Now that would be awesome to see!! Think, 6 locomotives, 1 pumpkin, 3 NS thoroughbreds, 2 NS Heritages. What combination of power would that be! But then again that's just fantasy, the chances of that happening though is very very slim. Besides CSX would be crazy if they do that. Lol!! ;-)

- Scottie
  by C2629

It would have to stop in Buffalo to re-crew since the lines west crew would not take it east of Buffalo. Different crew district.
  by sd80mac

ScotCP356 wrote:Okay so I guess we have to play the waiting game for the train to get a new crew and then wait for it to depart for the Port of Albany (hopefully it won't stop in Buffalo!!). But if does then I probably would guess that the train will come late tonight, maybe 9 or 10 at night when it will go through Rochester,again if the train would have stop in Buffalo. If it doesn't then it would be like 3 or 5 before it reaches Rochester, but then again CSX usually does like to tied the crude oil trains down until it's not busy. Last thursday, the Penn Central heritage and K010-29 was in Buffalo for the most of the afternoon until evening came. I caught the train in Macedon at around 9:25 pm. Now back to today, there is no way I'm going to catch the heritage in the thunderstorm tonight. Besides I probably gonna have a hard time seeing the green and white paint scheme of the Southern. But I know most people would dare go out in the rain storm to catch the Southern Heritage. ;-)

Now for me, I'm better off catching it over the weekend when the train comes with the power heading west. It would be a better because the sun would shining and the train would be in running during the daytime. Besides I like see the run through and heritage powers in daylight instead of nighttime. Now it would be cool though if the K011 has not 1 heritage but 2 heritages! Now that would be awesome to see!! Think, 6 locomotives, 1 pumpkin, 3 NS thoroughbreds, 2 NS Heritages. What combination of power would that be! But then again that's just fantasy, the chances of that happening though is very very slim. Besides CSX would be crazy if they do that. Lol!! ;-)

- Scottie
it probably wont stop buffalo if they called crew for selkirk, unless they got another crew who just finished their run and still have a lot of time left to bring this k010 to buffalo.

you can go to Fairport and sit on north side near Fairport public work they have good lights there that you can use your videocamera and still see it good.

it would be nice if they do that (putting PC with southern) but I bet that once Selkirk shop get it fixed to the minimum that would allow PC to go on train. Then I believe that they would send it back to NS or to CSX's major shop or to contractor who will repair the damages.
  by sd80mac

C2629 wrote:It would have to stop in Buffalo to re-crew since the lines west crew would not take it east of Buffalo. Different crew district.

not always. Sometime they did had buf-sk crew to go out of district to pick up the train, as long as crew were qualified on that line. I had seen them go out to Silver creek or one of these sidings south of buffalo and bring them to Selkirk.
  by sd80mac

It's at Buffalo as of 1 40 pm...

poster says "parked". That's all I can say.. it's still too general...

forecast in radar shows that its gonna rain til 830ish then clear for short a while before another cell come in..

ain't worth it...
  by Mike Stellpflug

Supposedly on the move at 16:30.
  by UP4141

I have a question, why doesn't C.S.X or N.S. use two engines up front and a remote controlled rear pusher for these oil trains, similar to what U.P, and B.N.S.F for the coal trains.
  by Mike Stellpflug

UP4141 wrote:I have a question, why doesn't C.S.X or N.S. use two engines up front and a remote controlled rear pusher for these oil trains, similar to what U.P, and B.N.S.F for the coal trains.

NS does, especially on the 65R/64R symbols that run to/from Delaware.