• how many of you have seen a heritage unit in person

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by RussNelson

There are no real heritage units. They were photoshopped, and the whole roundhouse thing was faked with 1/4 size models on a sound stage. Doesn't count until I see one, and I live on CSX tracks, so even if they were real, I'd never get to see one.</jealousy>
  by 2nd trick op

NS 1073 (Penn Central) passed my quarters in Topton going east about 10 hours ago; we get about thirty moves a day through here, but that's my only NS sighting to date.

Actually, it;s probably easier to catch the CP units in D&H paint at my "second home" along the former PRR Sunbury Line, since the D&H units seem to stay close to their would-be home rails.
  by NYS&W142Fan

Today, the Walbash Unit was on the H-74 Local along with a Union Pacific unit on the Portland Secondary. I saw it as it went through Phillipsburg NJ.
  by wurlitzer153

Now to 5. After many misses, I finally got the IT unit on 555 tonight.

NKP (x3: Ashtabula; w/ 765 in Bellevue; Painesville)
NS (Painesville)
MGA (Mentor)
CNJ (x2: Ashtabula; Mentor on a power move, never did find out where it came from)
IT (Painesville)
  by Eaglefan9727

I have only seen 1 Norfolk Southern heritage unit and that was the "Wabash" unit.
  by atsf sp

I saw the IT and Reading both in one day and I also saw the consist the S&A was on that day but missed the loco.

This puts me up to NKP, IT, READING.
Last edited by atsf sp on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
  by Eaglefan9727

As of yesterday afternoon, I am up to 3 heritage units.

UP 1996 Southern Pacific
NS 1010 Wabash
NS 8102 Pennsylvania
  by waldwickrailfan

I've seen 3

PRR on H8K in June 2012
PC on 64J in August 2012
NW on 20W in January 2013
  by waldwickrailfan

fl9m2004 wrote:Do they show up on the north east corridor
Between New Jersey and Washington D.C.
I dont think so, they technically could but i dont think they ever did yet. Most accurate tracker of the heritage units are on www.heritageunits.com
  by Dewoc19

I saw the Conrail engine yesterday while working at NS 55 Yard in Chicago, it came out of the 51 side of the yard and went downtown to Union Station for National Train Day
  by waldwickrailfan

waldwickrailfan wrote:I've seen 3

PRR on H8K in June 2012
PC on 64J in August 2012
Make that 4 :D

PRR on H8K in June 2012
PC on 64J in August 2012
CR on H8K in May 2013
  by Dewoc19

While i was working last night at NS Colehour yard in Hammond, IN

Interstate on what i believe to be 65R stopped on Chicago West Line at CD 509 heading West, and a few minutes later......

Wabash (train unknown) on Chicago West Line at CD 509 heading east

so in 3 days i have seen 3 heritage units, not to shabby