Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by runningwithscalpels

fl9m2004 wrote:Are they still working on track 3 from Cp248-255
Yes - I was just at Fairfield Metro today.
  by fl9m2004

They where still there this morning and afternoon
Wonder what's going on with Devon bridge track 4
All eastbound traffic is on one while westbound is 3-2
  by runningwithscalpels

It's an extended thing - not going to be done in a week. The temporary platforms were there last summer though not in use.
  by fl9m2004

Okay thanks
Is Milford track 4 platform getting a new track 4 wired?
Same thing happened except engineer over ran temporary platforms
Had to reverse
  by twropr

Understand there was some kind of a wire problem on Fri. the 12th near CP 241. Delays were very slight considering there was single TK CP 241-248 and the single tracking lasted only about 1.5 hrs. Was there a wire train right there that had been working on TK 1 to go over and fix the problem on tracks 2 and 4?

Andy
  by DutchRailnut

how convenient as tracks 2 and 4 are generaly the eastbound tracks.
  by ThirdRail7

fl9m2004 wrote:That's true about 2-4 being eastbound tracks
Was on an Amtrak Sunday
We used 2 from Cp235-255
Shows how much I know. I didn't know 2 track had anything to do with CP 235. :)
  by Jeff Smith

cleanup aisle 67 thread hijack in progress. this is the train to the thread on the catenary. if you're going to Fordham, transfer at Stamford, Greenwich, and Harrison.
  by lirr42

Jeff Smith wrote:if you're going to Fordham, transfer at Stamford, Greenwich, and Harrison.
if I'm going to Fordham I have to transfer at Stamford, Greenwich, and Harrison! That's three transfers. Who's the brightloght that came up with that? :wink:
  by NH2060

Work to start next year on replacing the South Norwalk-Greens Farms and East Bridgeport-Stratford wires. Only one track will be out at a time for this phase of the project.
http://www.westport-news.com/news/artic ... 814405.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Perhaps we should start separate threads for each sections when the time comes?
  by fl9m2004

Any updates on the wire project between Fairfield and Bridgeport
Saw catenary maintance trucks Sunday early pm time on track 3 near where the derailment happened