• Green Line incline construction at Science Park

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Reddy Rocker

Those are good photos. Nice to see this project is coming along.

by Robert Paniagua

I know, Im glad they are doing progress on that ramp so that we can ride on it once more.

by F-line to Dudley via Park

Have they done any work on Science Park station or the Viaduct as part of the construction?

ADA raised platforms? An elevator? Upgrading the track so Type 8's can finally ride out to Lechmere on a regular basis? A new coat of paint? Better lighting? Patching the crumbling concrete on parts of the Viaduct?

I hope they've at least taken advantage during the service stoppage and taken care of a whole laundry list of fixes up on the Viaduct.

by efin98

there was one photo of Science Park on photos.nerail.org a little while ago, it clearly showed they were redoing the rails at the station and looked like it had a fresh coat of paint on the walls and some patching of the platforms. You can't expect much else there nor at Lechmere- the T knows it will have to relocate Lechmere east when the Green Line is extended and Science Park is simply not worth the effort or money to renovate at this time. The damn station is one of the lowest ridership producing stations on Green Line hands down- it can clearly wait!

by ceo

The real shame is that they didn't manage to take care of the Lechmere relocation at the same time. This was apparently because the North Point developers didn't get off their asses in time. Now they're going to have to bus to Lechmere again when that project finally gets started.

by ckb

We've been through this before (see this thread) ... I don't think that, if planned correctly, the Lechmere relocation project will require as much downtime as the elevated replacement project.

etc

by Noel Weaver

I may have missed this sometime back but does anybody on here have
any idea about when Green Line trolley service will be back up and running to and from Lechmere?
Noel Weaver

by efin98

It should be up and running by mid summer, barring any more delays...I'd venture a guess of around August 21st at the latest.

by Noel Weaver

Thank you
Noel Weaver