Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by kitn1mcc

they also allow the transfer onto SLE
  by RearOfSignal

runningwithscalpels wrote:
RearOfSignal wrote:
Tadman wrote:The MNCR pet policy always baffles me. I've never heard of any other railroad allowing random pets aboard.
Domestic pets and service animals only. No tigers, lions or Saquatches!
But...what about a wallaby? ;)
Strangest thing I've ever seen myself is someone bring a Tarantula, the guy just stuffed it in his pocket! I have heard stories about the Wassaic goats and pigs though.
  by lirr42

Did you know that a horse is actually considered a domestic animal? (just like dogs and cats). You can actually keep a horse at your home and it'll be covered under your normal homeowners insurance (unlike cows or sheep which require a separate livestock insurance policy).
  by lirr42

Terminal Proceed wrote:Once you purchase your ticket - it is good for ONE SINGLE CONTINUOUS journey to your destination. Which means if you de-train - your ride is terminated. THAT rule IS enforced. Once you leave the train - your done with your ride regardless of whether or not you went to your destination.
The LIRR's tariff policy includes a "stopover" clause where a person could get off at a station in the middle of their trip and get back on a later train as long as its on that same day. So if I was going from Montauk to LIC and I wanted to stopover in Mineola I can do that on one ticket, as long as I alert the conductor of my intentions.

Does Metro-North have a similar clause?
  by RearOfSignal

No MNR has no such policy(any more).
  by Train322

If boarding at GCT, take a local to Stamford and change trains. That allows a break in Stamford.
Or as someone mentioned, just buy two tickets.
  by Ridgefielder

I've seen Newfoundlands and Bernese on the Danbury Branch train. Doubt anyone's going to bat an eye at your dog as long as he's well-behaved and sits on the floor.
  by ACeInTheHole

RearOfSignal wrote:
runningwithscalpels wrote:
RearOfSignal wrote:
Tadman wrote:The MNCR pet policy always baffles me. I've never heard of any other railroad allowing random pets aboard.
Domestic pets and service animals only. No tigers, lions or Saquatches!
But...what about a wallaby? ;)
Strangest thing I've ever seen myself is someone bring a Tarantula, the guy just stuffed it in his pocket! I have heard stories about the Wassaic goats and pigs though.
Imagine if the thing had bitten him..
  by Terminal Proceed

This has certainly run its course.