Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by DutchRailnut

the M3 Hand brake indicator does NOT blink.
  by RC '75

I believe I have found out that on the C3's, the green light is for "doors closed" and red is for "doors open." Does anyone know what some of the other indicator lights are on the C3's? Besides the popular brakes applied & released?

Thanks....
  by RC '75

Hi,

I'm just posting a follow-up to my previous post. I was wondering if anyone knows, or has a listing of what the indicator lights mean on the C3's? I assume that some of the lights are the same indicators as on the MU's. Yet, there seem to be a few more lights on the side of the C3's than on the MU's. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

by Nasadowsk

<i>No, sir. Actually, it's 340 as in 1973 Plymouth Duster 340.
If/when I win the lottery, I'm buying a bunch of classic Mopars. </i>

Torquflite!!

IIRC, the A904 stunk, the 727 was decent.

(I'll take Turbo 700 over either any day ) :)

I still need to find an old Nova. 350 with a Turbo 700 and a re geared rear end. Fun car and better than average mileage (and i've got a cheapie 700 laying around. Just needs rebuild). Overdrive's your friend :)

I'm redoing my friend's C6 at the moment. Big tranny...
  by RC '75

I recently noticed something inside the M-7 cars. Right behind the first seat in from the vestibule (toward the middle of the car) I noticed two lights, one green and one amber. They seemed to be pretty low to the ground. Anyone know what these lights are for?

by LIengineerBob

Those lights are "local" brake indicator lights for the truck nearest to the lights. You'll notice that when the brakes are applied (when at a station or stopped if the engineer has the master controller handle in max brake or emergency), the light will be yellow. When the brakes are released, it will change to green.

by SK2MY

Yes, the parking brake indicator light on M-3 equipment blinks when the hand brake is applied on that car.

by N340SG

SK2MY,
the parking brake indicator light on M-3 equipment blinks when the hand brake is applied on that car
Dude, you're mixing up your equipment. The red hand brake applied light does not blink in the M-3. The parking brake applied light does blink in the M-7s. Not an Earth-shattering thing either way...but just wanted to clarify for RC '75. :-)

Tom

by SK2MY

Sorry, Tom, my mistake. I was mixing up the M-7's and M-3's. Just to satisfy my own curiosity, I checked it out today at HSF. Sorry for the confusion!