• NTSB

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by MR77100

I am interested in a career with NTSB. I have a Bio degree, a few years of Chemical experience, and am now employed by Iowa Pacific. Can someone give me an idea of what type of resume to write? Please contact me ASAP.
  by Freddy

Back in 05 our FRA Signal Inspector brought along a new hire that took a leave of absence from CSX to work for the FRA and he told us that he'd be on probation for 1 year. The next time we
saw our regular FRA guy he told us the guy didn't want to deal with the pressure of a 1 year probation and went back to CSX. It probably would've worked into a good job since now-a-days CSX
where I've been, both track and signals, has quit trying to skirt the FRA standards like they did back in the 70s and 80s. Especially since the individual Signal Maintainer, Track Foreman or
what-have-you can be hit with a fine in addition to the railroad.
  by DutchRailnut

NTSB is NOT FRA
  by Freddy

DutchRailnut wrote:NTSB is NOT FRA
I'm aware of that. They draw on personel already within the system. FRA,FAA etc.etc.