• Have not seen NYA out east in Bridgehampton

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by Ðauntless

You need a buffer car between the engines with most hazmats.
  by dedm30junk

Did anybody see the freight yesterday with 10 tank cars and 2 engines going to Bridgehampton.
  by SlackControl

I didn't see them going east, but I did see then coming back west through Babylon, with I think 8 tanks and two engines. They dropped off one tank in Islip too.
  by Teutobergerwald

Does NYA serve a customer in Patchogue? I saw a single gondola spotted on the team track just west of the station this morning. Thanks.
  by dedm30junk

Well the freight finally went to Bridgehampton after almost 3 months of not taking any tank cars to pulver gas. They dropped off 6 tanks cars today and pick up the 4 cars thats been sitting out there for months.
  by dedm30junk

Just had a delivery of gas today from Pulver in Bridgehampton and I ask the driver how is they getting gas since NYA hasnt delivered any gas in the past 6 weeks and he said that they are trucking gas in and NYA keep saying soon.The driver also told me that they used to get gas delivered by train once a week but in late 2011 NYA cutback with there trains coming out east. So I told the driver of the gas truck that maybe they dont want to come out this far since they are the only customer east of Babylon. Remember they stop serving EASTPORT FEED because of only 1 or 2 cars being delivered to them.
  by LINYARailfan

dedm30junk wrote:Eng 159 and 6 tank cars heading west from westhampton station at 310pm.
Do you know if NYA dropped off any thing at BH? Was this NYAs last run to BH?
  by dedm30junk

They dropped off 5 tank cars in BH and picked up the other 5 tank cars that been sitting there for over 6 weeks.
  by Teutobergerwald

That's good news. Keep as much haz-mat off the L.I.E. and Sunrise Highway as possible.
  by dedm30junk

NYA just went west at westhampton station at 200pm today with 2 engines a gondola and 6 tank cars.
  by Teutobergerwald

Anybody know if loaded tankcars were also delivered by that train, and thus Pulver is still a customer?
  by dedm30junk

Pulver is still a customer by NYA but they not getting service like they use to.NYA use to deliver once a week to Pulver but in the past year NYA has only gone there once a month or every 6 weeks.
  by dedm30junk

Westbound freight at 147pm heading west at westhampton with eng 155 and 7 tank cars.
  by Teutobergerwald

Did it bring any loaded ones out with it, or just run light out there to get them?