• Grand Junction DETOUR Discussion

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by csor2010

They had the middle of the bridge opened up when I walked over the BU bridge the other night, so assuming they're working in order from Cambridge to Boston they're approaching halfway done.
  by The EGE

They were working under the BU bridge today.
  by jaymac

Given Norm Vigeant's photo of 12-16 ( http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=205501 ), this may or may not be the appropriate thread to state that at 0950 on 12-17-2012, D-3 gave SRS125 to the Burncoat YL to wait for a foreman and the later to Harvard. No on-air discussion if it was for a Sperry ferry or actual work.
  by boatsmate

It was testing the line from CP 45 east to CP 33 including the cross overs on Sat AM. had an MBCR Track forman on it. told NA dispatcher he expected to have a lot of issues to report before the day was out.
  by AEM7AC920

Equipment move to the northside in south sta at the moment with quite the consist! Look out for it ;)
  by 130MM

jaymac wrote:Given Norm Vigeant's photo of 12-16 ( http://photos.nerail.org/s/?p=205501 ), this may or may not be the appropriate thread to state that at 0950 on 12-17-2012, D-3 gave SRS125 to the Burncoat YL to wait for a foreman and the later to Harvard. No on-air discussion if it was for a Sperry ferry or actual work.
It was indeed a "Sperry ferry". The B&A from Worcester to Cove was tested over the weekend, and it was moving back to the North Side.

DAW
  by jonnhrr

AEM7AC920 wrote:Equipment move to the northside in south sta at the moment with quite the consist! Look out for it ;)
I heard him get a Form D from the D3 dispatcher to head up the Worcester Main (Burncoat to Harvard) around 10 this morning. I believe the lead unit was 1032?

Jon
  by AEM7AC920

1033 3 coaches 010 3 amfleets a genny and 1123 trailing.
  by jonnhrr

07:50 Monday - MBTA extra headed by 1032 in Worcester about to head up to Ayer once the P&W local to Gardner clears ahead of it.

Jon
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

heard this morning that this project should be completed in 3-4 weeks
  by Cosmo

bmcdr wrote:
BostonUrbEx wrote:
bmcdr wrote:I'm 59 years old, I have no idea what a smiley face means.
AWWWW..... isn't that cute, my generation has something similar involving a finger.
Us Navy guys call that "Flying the Colors."
  by jaymac

On 01-09-2013 with a time effective of 0901, D-3 gave a Line 2 to MBTA 1035 between Harvard and Burncoat Street with later permission to enter the Yard Limits at Burncoat. Naturally, there was no enumeration of the rest of the move.
  by Komarovsky

Just saw what looked like a hospital move going through framingham.

It had a p42 leading an NCPU, and four mbta locos, no passenger cars.
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

How much longer do they have to go on the repairs before the bridge is reopened?