• Official Black River Railroad Historic Trust Thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by OCtrainguy

Here are some photos of #60 from Saturday (October 13th)

At Flemington Station and worth another view

After getting off the train, I quickly moved up to the grade crossing and got this photo of the train at Pumpkin Junction.

I quickly popped out of the corn maze to get this photos of the train approaching Pumpkin Junction on what would be the final run before #60 headed home for the day.

But I was able to get a photo of the train at the Pumpkin Junction station.

Hope you enjoy.
  by greyhairedpete

Saw the ol' girl heading North with one empty flat and a caboose, so she must have made a freight run to Three Bridges yesterday...
  by RailsEast

Good shots, Steve; I thought I saw you there, as our train came back into Flemington...we did the first trip at 12:00. And, yes, 'surprised' was the word of the day!
Chris
  by PVRX1

Pete, were you standing in the grass with a guy in a red shirt and gave 1202 a wave ? Saw at least three employees between the dealerships watching or taking pictures today on the 100pm round trip.
  by wolfboy8171981

Ken W2KB wrote: There is this morning!!! See: http://www.flemingtontrain.org/welcomeBack60.html

Welcome Back #60 Excursions

Welcome back, #60! This is your first time to ride a steam powered excursion on the BR&W Railroad in 12 years! On this very special occasion you have the opportunity to ride behind #60 over the entire BR&W route between Ringoes and Three Bridges, NJ. Each train departs from Ringoes Station for a leisurely trip to Three Bridges and return. Light refreshments will be available for purchase on the train (additional fee, cash only). Reservations required. Seating is limited - purchase tickets today!
Schedule
Dates of Operation: TWO DAYS ONLY

November 10 (Saturday)
November 11 (Sunday)

Departures
All passengers must board at Ringoes Station.

Departures from Ringoes are 10:45 AM and 2:00 PM. Please arrive at the station about 30 minutes early.
Tickets & Prices
Tickets by reservation only.

Under age three: FREE
Age 3-11: $9.99
Age 12 and up: $19.99

These prices do not include ticket-service fees charged by our reservations partner Vendini, Inc.
Tickets still available for Saturday at 2pm and both trips on Sunday. We've all had a rough week, come take a ride and leave your troubles behind.
  by RailsEast

Nice work as usual, Bob, good shots. I bought a ticket for Sunday, but when the sun came out, I decided to chase both trips instead & take advantage of the light. What a great success the weekend was, with hundreds of patrons & railfans in attendance on both days; it was not easy getting a clear shot at several locations!
A few from Sunday, and thanks again to the BR&W & staff for a great show.....

http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=3274648
http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=3274677
http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=3274695
http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=3274715
http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=3274685

Chris
  by rwk

If anybody from Black River Trust reads this, I see that I am now unable to comment on Facebook. I guess I was too quick to judge based on a photograph of a coach door. And I did have wild ideas for train excursions that would probably never happen mostly about the new Norfolk Southern steam program, like that guy commented about me on the Black River Facebook. I'm the same guy that wanted to ride your train last Saturday because of #60, and the longer ride, but I couldn't because my mom is in the hospital. I had preordered tickets in case it sold out, but then I had to request a refund at the last minute. I might try to go next year if #60 pulls a Three Bridges special or even just the normal ride to Ringoes only. I could probably care less abut being unable to comment on Facebook, because I can still read the page and ask questions about upcoming rides and such elsewhere, like on here. The same thing happened to me with other steam train Facebook pages, like Reading and Northern 425, Fort Wayne 765, Tennessee Valley 630 and 4501 where my ability to post/comment was removed. No biggie. I can still receive information from those organizations on the facebook pages and from other sources. I apologize for what I said about the peeling paint, etc. Not meant to be an offense, I was just pointing out how bad it looked. I guess I just have a big "mouth", er, hand when I type things that I shouldn't type. I did ride the BR&W once several years ago from Flemington to Ringoes and return when the red diesel was pulling the train.
  by bigjim4life

rwk wrote:If anybody from Black River Trust reads this, I see that I am now unable to comment on Facebook. I guess I was too quick to judge based on a photograph of a coach door. And I did have wild ideas for train excursions that would probably never happen mostly about the new Norfolk Southern steam program, like that guy commented about me on the Black River Facebook. I'm the same guy that wanted to ride your train last Saturday because of #60, and the longer ride, but I couldn't because my mom is in the hospital. I had preordered tickets in case it sold out, but then I had to request a refund at the last minute. I might try to go next year if #60 pulls a Three Bridges special or even just the normal ride to Ringoes only. I could probably care less abut being unable to comment on Facebook, because I can still read the page and ask questions about upcoming rides and such elsewhere, like on here. The same thing happened to me with other steam train Facebook pages, like Reading and Northern 425, Fort Wayne 765, Tennessee Valley 630 and 4501 where my ability to post/comment was removed. No biggie. I can still receive information from those organizations on the facebook pages and from other sources. I apologize for what I said about the peeling paint, etc. Not meant to be an offense, I was just pointing out how bad it looked. I guess I just have a big "mouth", er, hand when I type things that I shouldn't type. I did ride the BR&W once several years ago from Flemington to Ringoes and return when the red diesel was pulling the train.
I don't honestly think it would be a "peeling paint" post that would get that ability to comment be removed...
  by railfanner01

As I recall, the post said that the condition of Black River's passenger cars (mostly the fact that he claimed that they were rusty looking) was "a disgrace to the railroading community." That is the kind of comment that you get kicked off a facebook page... There is big differnce between what was written, and now just saying it was peeling paint. I think that the responce from the BRRHT President sums it up well.
"...I am not pleased with your choice of words. There is nothing deplorable, there is need for some paint, and no wood is rotted (weak) as you elude to. There are many arm chair buffs out there that are experts on track structure, rolling stock, motive power, and operations. Suggestions are always welcome, off base comments not so much. We have done alot in two years using a very devoted and talented crew of volunteers led by Dick Hague. I am proud of these guys and the work they have done in that time. Jim Hager, President BRRHT"
  by PVRX1

We would like to thank everyone who came out to ride 60 last weekend, came out to photograph 60 last weekend, and for the interest you showed in the operation and the locomotive. I believe everything went off well (I was not in NJ on Saturday).

I would like to personally remind everyone to respect your limitations and safety. Standing in the guage, climbing on equipment, and tresspassing on private property can get you in trouble, or it can get you asked in a polite or impolite manner to move or leave. We had one guy climb on the one of our transload operator's tractor trailers in an area clearly marked no trespassing and roped off. Other than being there, he climbed up on top of a truck which said fan is lucky the operator who leases that parcel of land does not charge him with tresspasing. This kind of stuf gives railfans a bad name.

Common sense, respect, and safety - please.

JH (President BRRHT)