• PRR Freight Line Revisited

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by NYSW3614

Been doing some searching along the freight line between King of Prussia and Downington before the trees start to bud. Would NS retain ownership of the sections that have been lifted? Where does it go beyond Downington? A map of some sort might help. Was amazed to find that huge trestle- looks some position light signals are still in place on the west end.

When was the last thru train? I was able to ascertain that it is still in place to the area of the SEPTA Frazer maintenance area but can't follow it from there. What is it used for there?

Lastly, is this the same line that is parallel to 76 east of Valley Forge? Looks like PRR centenary supports and one track remains

Any pictures of this line I'd love to see.

Thanks!

by PARailWiz

Lastly, is this the same line that is parallel to 76 east of Valley Forge? Looks like PRR centenary supports and one track remains
I suspect you're thinking of the Trenton Cut-Off. They're fairly close together at that point, so it would be an easy mistake to make. I believe the line you're referring to is that overpass on 422 EB near the 202/76 exits that's now labeled "Great Valley Trail" or something like that.