• Southern Tier - West of Binghamton

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Jeff Smith

I'm not sure if this is one of our members or not, or if this is on the tier, but since it's part of the SNCR I imagine it may have been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... lutNECOZFw
  by railwatcher

Person hit by Train.

Livingston County Sheriff deputies are investigating a train incident in the town of Dalton.

The incident happened sometime around 9 a.m. There are reports that a person has been struck and killed along the tracks on Route 408. Deputies have not confirmed that information as of yet. We will bring you more information as it becomes available.
http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=334212
  by K4Pacific

309 tomorrow will have a rare BNSF in Santa Fe Warbonnet - ish paint leading out of Elmira west tomorrow morning. Laying over in Elmira right now.
  by K4Pacific

Today's 310. Courtesy Dick Perry. The reverse shall go west.
  by scottychaos

railwatcher wrote:Person hit by Train.

Livingston County Sheriff deputies are investigating a train incident in the town of Dalton.

The incident happened sometime around 9 a.m. There are reports that a person has been struck and killed along the tracks on Route 408. Deputies have not confirmed that information as of yet. We will bring you more information as it becomes available.
http://rochesterhomepage.net/fulltext?nxd_id=334212
And now for the rest of the story:

http://thelcn.com/2012/08/06/train-moon ... o-tragedy/

Scot
  by Mike Stellpflug

K4Pacific wrote:309 tomorrow will have a rare BNSF in Santa Fe Warbonnet - ish paint leading out of Elmira west tomorrow morning. Laying over in Elmira right now.

I assume it will run under darkness most of the way to Buffalo?

Mike
  by K4Pacific

Found out the 707 was tagged, "do not lead". So I assume Black lead west.
  by Autoblock

Just curious if i was the only one who noticed the all UP power that was in Johnson City lined to go west with a mix of autoracks and intermodals on Saturday afternoon. It stopped for recrew in a bad spot so i couldnt get any engine numbers.
  by GVrooman

I was at the Liberty St. yard in Binghamton, across from the Moose club, when those two UP units came in with a string of intermodals. I was just a little too slow on the draw to get a picture of them. When I went down to the west end of the yard, they had dropped the intermodals, and they were picking up a string of autoracks and intermodals that had been sitting next to the old D&H freight house. I watched as they headed west, but I didn't wait around to see if they backed up and grabbed on to the original string of intermodals. I did get one somewhat fuzzy picture of them by sticking my camera through the fence behind the Lackawanna Station, but I can't make out the numbers.
  by malfunctjct

UP power was on 205. They cut away from the train on the Buffalo Runner (next to the old D&H Frieght House) and go over to the CP Yard to make a pick up. They double everything together at the NS Yard Office and then head west.
  by chuxter26

UP 4323-4375.............
  by Mike Stellpflug

Train 310 is out of Bellevue, OH with OLS painted NS 9250 leading a couple of BC Rail painted units.
Might be worth trying to catch around Corning tomorrow morning.

Mike
  by K4Pacific

Nice on H12 (Sayre turn) today as well. The OLS is nice, followed by the BCOL cowl unit, and a GE CN unit, and trailing rode hard put away wet engine. They'll go west on 309 tonight for a morning arrival at Bison.

I tried to put this on an all things CP thread we had earlier, but at risk of Otto locking me out, Hunter Harrison is site touring the entire D&H this week. North end Monday, Tuesday - South end Binghamton into PA Wednesday, Thursday. This will be interesting.
  by nysw136

Better tell NS to warm up the checkbook in the near future. -Kevin